Embudito Trail to South Sandia Peak

Embudito Trail to South Sandia Peak is a 11.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Albuquerque, New Mexico that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great hike! Lots of views and super enjoyable!

Good clean trail......but not alot of thrills. ......good If your walking your dogs, or rehabbing an injury, or with young children........

Well maintained trail. Good for kids.

Steep but nice views up top

A great trail up and down the mountain. Some challenging points at the beginning/end of deciding the best way around the boulders in the arroyo. It's great to be back in the pines and scrub oaks that cover the whole valley between the ridges.

good balance of inclines and level hikes

Good times!

Hadn't been on this trail for a while but enjoyed it yesterday. It's definitely on the difficult side especially for the first 1.5-2 hours but most of the minor obstacles thin out after a couple of hours. I remembered​ to wear some light weight gloves. They will save your hands after holding on to rocks at certain places. Take plenty of water, energy stuff and make sure to leave enough gas in the tank for the return trip.

Completed this trail for the first time today. It's been on my list after La Luz and Pino. Took about 3.5 hours to get to the top including breaks and being ~sidetracked~ for about 30 minutes. If you have a great eye for your trail and a great sense of direction, you should be okay. However, if you are like me, it's a good idea to check the app periodically. There are definitely some confusing areas. Not my favorite when it comes to views, but overall, it was an awesome time and a killer workout. Check it out for sure!

First time in a long while since I've been hiking. Did the trail to try and build my legs back up and the uphill was very challenging but it was rewarding to do.

Monday, December 26, 2016

Barb Roberts is talking about Embudo trail Not Embudito Trail-directions are correct.

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

There seems to be some confusion here....The Embudo trail starts at the top of Indian School (or the top of Menaul if you want to go an extra 1/2 mile or so) and the Embudito Trail begins north of the top of Montgomery.

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

the views are beautiful. I have fun every time I hike this trail.

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Around 2006, I drove to Embudo canyon late at night and slept in an arroyo because I was real depressed. The next morning I decided to walk up the trail to the top of the mountain. At the top, I got on this other trail I encountered, and it ended up going way southeast. By the time I got to the bottom, it was dark and I was in Tijeres. The only person I could reach to pick me up was my ex girlfriend. I didn't eat anything all day. She took me to Jack In The Box and I ate a ton of gross food. Ha.

Tuesday, June 07, 2016

I love this trail! I haven't been able to hike the full distance yet, but one of these days!

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Great and easy hike for everyone including the pups! Easily accessible and a beautiful place to explore

Wednesday, February 03, 2016

It was a fun first hike in Albuquerque!

Friday, December 25, 2015

Been hiking this trail since 1987. It's my favorite! Second favorite would be Piedra Lisa.

Saturday, March 07, 2015

Apart from the Piedra Lisa trail, this is my most favorite trail on the westside of the Sandias. mainly because of the scenery and lack of 15,000 hikers like La Luz and other westside trails like embudo that is nearby.

it is a rugged trail that requires scrambling in places.