Embudito Canyon Loop

Embudito Canyon Loop is a 3.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Albuquerque, New Mexico that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

the yellow spot on the map shows where you have to navigate through a rocky area - we went down through there instead of coming up...a little challenging, but definitely fun!

Definitely underestimated this trail. I started it for a trail run, but quickly discovered that it was more of a hike and scramble. It also takes a lot longer than expected, possible because it's so easy to go off trail. I veered off trail maybe 7-10 times on the way up, but the trail is more clear on the way back. some steep incline here and there. Bring a snack, a buddy, a map, and proper footwear. I would go back, but plan on spending some time and effort.

If you go left at the very first fork the trail doesn't have a lot of shade and is very hot! tons of switchbacks and like everyone says it is easy to get off trail or on another trail. the large rock for the decent back down to the foot hills are beautiful and very slick would be great to see water running over them.

Fun trail!! Some parts were rocky.

Such a fun trail to do with a friend. We did a clockwise loop. I would recommend that route, the south part of the loop requires climb over rocks. There’s plenty of shade on the trail. A great workout for all levels of hiking.

Beautiful, a bit challenging but great views!

This was a fun hike! I stopped had lunch in the middle which was nice. I did get lost twice so I do recommend following the map your first time through!

I would definitely rate it a moderate hike. I really enjoyed the hike it was beautiful. The hike is definitely 6 miles, not 4 as stated in the app. Overall recommend it!

I would rate parts of this as difficult, not moderate. there were a number of areas that weren't marked trail but rather scrambles up or down large Boulder fields.

very poorly marked and a lot of climbing rocks. Pleasant people on trail but would not recommend it for young children or elderly.

Fun trail! I ran it counter clockwise. Solid climb, with a super fun down hill through the wash.

Absolutely beautiful trail, but I really wish the trail was actually marked to some degree. I relied on my dog to lead and the GPS with trail map on the app. Towards the top/half way point it was crazy confusing. I had no idea which way to go and it took awhile to find the trail again. Otherwise, it was the perfect amount of challenge physically and we had a lovely afternoon.

recorded Embuldito Loop