Ellis Trail

Ellis Trail is a 6.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Sandia Park, New Mexico that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The view at the end of this hike is incredible. it is mostly downhill on the way there but uphill on the way back. took us about 3 hours with a 30 minute break at the end of the trail.

The really outstanding views are blocked by trees for the majority of the hike, but if you can make it to the end of the trail, I guarantee you will be rewarded :)

Beautiful trail..

Gradual hills and a perfect distance for a lunch hike.

beautiful trail!!! one of my new favorites! the way back felt like a completely different trail and the vibe of the trees, alpine meadows, wildflowers, and wildlife felt like Yosemite. A baby mule deer walked straight towards us which elevated the nature magic too.

Saturday, August 27, 2016

I just did this trail on Friday, August 26, 2016 and the weather was perfect. I started in the early afternoon I saw deer squirrels chipmunks and the trail is wonderful for it's up-and-down and open fields that happen every so often. This trail I think has become one of my favorites on Sandia Mountain.

Thursday, May 18, 2017