Ellis Trail is a 6.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Sandia Park, New Mexico that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

We did it last Sunday! It's become one of my favorites!

The trail was beautiful but a little more sun than I like.

Great hike! Great views. Downhill so conserve your energy for the way back!

Very beautiful trail with grass and flowers. The north-facing view at the end was great. We came back via the north crest trail giving us some shade and some westward views. We had to hike on the road for about 1/3 mike to get back to our car. Total distance doing this route was 6.7 miles.

The view at the end of this hike is incredible. it is mostly downhill on the way there but uphill on the way back. took us about 3 hours with a 30 minute break at the end of the trail.

The really outstanding views are blocked by trees for the majority of the hike, but if you can make it to the end of the trail, I guarantee you will be rewarded :)

Beautiful trail..

Saturday, August 19, 2017

Gradual hills and a perfect distance for a lunch hike.

Monday, August 07, 2017

beautiful trail!!! one of my new favorites! the way back felt like a completely different trail and the vibe of the trees, alpine meadows, wildflowers, and wildlife felt like Yosemite. A baby mule deer walked straight towards us which elevated the nature magic too.

Saturday, August 27, 2016

I just did this trail on Friday, August 26, 2016 and the weather was perfect. I started in the early afternoon I saw deer squirrels chipmunks and the trail is wonderful for it's up-and-down and open fields that happen every so often. This trail I think has become one of my favorites on Sandia Mountain.

Sunday, November 12, 2017