Eldorado Ramble

Eldorado Ramble is a 3.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Santa Fe, New Mexico that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I agree with other reviewers this should be rated moderate to hard instead of easy. It is a beautiful hike but the trail is difficult to follow at times and very rocky. My dog and I had a great time!

I would definitely say this is more moderate than easy! My husband and I wanted to do an “easy” trail run before heading home to Amarillo but instead did a 4 mike hike with very little trail running. It’s a great hike and I would’ve rated it a 5 Star if it had better markings. It was a little questionable at times if we were on the trail or not. And for some reason it was 4 miles, not 3.7 or the 3.4 it says on the trail map. Maybe we did get a little lost. Beautiful views and some great photo op’s though!!

Great hike, but I would not call it easy! Moderate is my rating, lots of rutty and rocky parts, lots of ankle twisting opportunities. Path hard to find at points, look for helpful cairns and piles of dead branches creating tiny visual barriers, indicating the trail DOESN't Go that way. It took me an hour and 50 minutes to do the whole Loop, but I took my time and thought I was lost about 40% of the time :-) turned out I was on the trail the whole time!

beautiful sunny day and a really nice hike. it is more than an "easy" hike due to decline and inclines. we took the left path to start the loop and at first it sent very scenic. as you get further to the bottom if the loop in the valley it becomes more scenic. the incline going back to the start is a good workout but not onerous. overall a really nice trail and workout. It is not well-marked beyond the start so keep your eyes open for the worn path. if it snows it will be hard to find the trail through certain sections.

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Very nice trail. Well laid out. I started the loop toward the right. Reason is the way the last mile won't be straight up hill. So at the half way point, in the meadow I only had a half mile of hard uphill with the rest a gradual uphill. I did t want to have the last mile to be straight uphill. You might want to keep that in mind. Also it is a rocky trail st the start, so mind your ankles. Overall very fun diverse trail. I'd be hesitant to bring small children unless you want to carry them a good portion of the way.

Saturday, October 08, 2016

Ramble on, down into the hidden valley. Beautiful trail for those who can appreciate high desert and colorful geology. Often this trail is covered in rock or small patches of badland. Certainly my foot will fall on its loveliness again...

Monday, August 15, 2016

This is not a road/mountain bike trail.

Saturday, June 03, 2017