Eagle Creek Trail and Alto Reservoir Loop is a 2.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Ruidoso, New Mexico that features a lake. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips.

The trail was really pretty. It had a little waterfall and great views!

nice clean easy for kids. we saw deer and the are bathrooms at the beginning of the trail. you can fish the lake with a license

Great family hike. Took us one hour with three kids. Saw deer three times. Beautiful with lots of chances to take a break.

Very pretty. Small waterfall at the bottom and we saw three deer.

Great easy recovery walk.

Had a great walk with the family today. Just the right amount of ups and downs.

Nice easy walk for a morning or evening. Took our dog in the evening and enjoyed the easy wide paths.

Nice Sunday afternoon walk thru the woods. Lots of families fishing at the pond.

My wife and I enjoyed this relatively easy hike. We are in mid 70s and it was just right for us.

My family loved this hike. We saw 16 deers in the area. If you like geocaching this is also a good spot. Very easy hike and a lot of photo opportunities. Bring your fishing gear and you can fish after your hike.

Great trail with very little elevation gain. Still in town but gives the feel of being deep in the forest. Easy to find trailhead. Nice walk

My sister and I hiked this trail and we thoroughly enjoyed it! We are both in our 50’s and decided it was just the perfect amount of exertion for us. I would put it in the easy to moderate category. There are a few hills to climb and a beautiful, small waterfalls that requires a bit of climbing (up and down). We saw a stork on top of a ponderosa as well as a mule deer that galloped down the mountain and jumped over the creek that we traversed. We had brought sandwiches and ate them at the picnic tables on top of the dam. There are restrooms at the trailhead also. I plan to hike here again-hopefully with my 5 and 7 year old grandchildren.

Nice, kid friendly, easy walk.

kid friendly. i always see huge birds fishing here /Users/reneehamill/Desktop/all trail2.jpg

Lovely trail. Washrooms available at the start. Picnic tables at several points around the trail!

Nice little walk, go early, sit by the waterfall, enjoy the silence..

Just finished this trail. Saw about ten (10) Deer, lots of birds and the Creek and it's many pools are great scenery along the way.

Trail was extremely easy. Good for my 3 year old but too easy for my 8 year old. The creek at the outer edge of the loop was nice.

Thursday, October 19, 2017

This is a very nice, groomed trail easy to walk any time of day. There is a short trail of about a mile around the lake and a longer 2.2 mile loop with park benches. At the back end of the trail is a little waterfall and creek which is a pleasant place to rest and snack. We saw an osprey dive bombing fish in the lake and heard bugling elk.

Friday, September 29, 2017

Easy trail with some nice rock formations along the way. We saw several hawks and other birds snatching fish from the lake.

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Lightly trafficked for some reason, this is a very easy trail to stroll along, and quite scenic. Beside the lake, the path is very level and covered with crushed stone. Once you depart from the lake, there are more ups and downs and the path is slightly eroded in spots. There is a longer Creek Loop path we didn't take; the shorter Lake Loop takes you across the creek and back to the lake, where you will have to walk uphill a bit. Still, a very easy walk, and there are benches periodically.

At one point there were deer droppings on the path, but we never saw a deer. We did see blue herons on the lake.

recorded Recording - Nov 10, 02:08 PM