Dale Ball Trails North

Dale Ball Trails North is a 3.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Santa Fe, New Mexico that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Justhikedthis trail with my buddy from Dallas. I flew in from Austin yesterday. We hiked trails 29,30,31 and 32 for a total of 3.2 miles. It was a great day and the trail was well maintained.

Close to Santa Fe, easy to find, plenty of parking. Lots of options and distances with very nice views.

I took my in-laws (67 and 70) and they handled it nicely. Very well kept and awesome places for pictures.

very nice hike! mostly level trail with just a couple of inclines. some good views of the surrounding valleys.

Great way to spend a sunny afternoon.

Easy-to-follow and well-maintained network of trails. With clear markers and maps at junctions, you can customize your hike for whatever distance and duration you wish. The walking is pretty mild -- no major ascents or descents. An enjoyable and convenient Santa Fe hiking spot.

Great trail.

Hiked a portion of the Dale Ball trails. Nice rocky trail with good markings and many options to make it longer or shorter.

This was a great day for a hike and a great place! Didn't find it too easy, thanks to the different elevations. Great, smooth incline and just when I thought I couldn't go any further it would change to downhill or a flatter area. With the different trail options, you could also choose how far you wanted to go. Loved it!

Nice walk today. Overcast and a few light drops of rain, but easy walk for most anyone. Nicely marked trail for younger hikers, dogs, mountain biking, etc.

Walked it today. No signs of dogs or poop. Very pleasant hike with a low difficulty and nice views. Paths are very well marked.

Nice easy trail, great for the whole family.

No bears this morning...

Beautifully maintained, exquisite views and outstanding marker system. Trail maps and numbers at every junction.

If you are not an experienced hiker, this is a great trail, some elevation, several options on distance and nice view of the valley. My wife and I have hiked in snow and in summer. Suggest trekking poles!

Great trail. My 6 year was able to complete.

Saturday, April 01, 2017

Lovely hike through the mystic hills around Santa Fe.

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Perfectly pleasant 4 mile jaunt. Trail is well marked and well maintained. And not too crowded with mountain bikers in the day I went

It's very convenient to town. But you don't get the deep forest feel of other nearby trails. And you don't escape the road noise for much of the path.

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

My first time hiking in a very long time. Trying to get into shape. At middle age and out of shape, this was a good first hike. The trail was well maintained and it was a pleasant hike. I took the loop 2 trail which is just over 2 miles. It took me an hour to walk it. It was a great first step to getting into hiking. It's definitely a family friendly hike and I wouldn't hesitate to bring grandkids along.

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

great views, trail well marked and maintained.

Sunday, December 18, 2016

Wonderful winter hike. Fresh snow and sun!

Monday, December 12, 2016

absolutely beautiful!!! easy hike eith plenty to look at :)

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Great trail! Easily marked and plenty of options to make the hike harder or easier if you need. Awesome views. I would hike here regularly if I lived nearby!

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Great hike. It took us about 3 hrs do to one of the loops. We had two kids ages 3 and 4 and they walked the trail easily. The drawback of this hike is that it is not remote. You will wander around people's homes, across a road and aside a road. The upside is watching the trail runners and mountain bikers.

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Great day! Hiked for 2.4 hours; did parts of the loop 2 times.

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Wonderful loop with nice views ; perfect fall weather

Friday, October 07, 2016

Great place! My dog & I loved it! Little nippy today but the sky was wont!

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

we took the Sierra del Norte trail head for the 3 mile loop and it was fantastic! terrain had slight inclines but totally manageable for even those with minimal fitness ability.