Dale Ball Trails North

Dale Ball Trails North is a 3.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Santa Fe, New Mexico that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

On a whim, went on a portion of this hike on the way out of Santa Fe and was glad we did. The landscape is scrub brushy and there’s not a ton of remarkable plant life. However, I enjoyed the views of Santa Fe housing from above. A good antidote to all the shopping and overstimulation of Santa Fe.

Something I really enjoyed was the regular trail signage. Lots of options to shortcut home should you be running low on water or energy.

We hiked the loop as shown but extended at the top as well as across the road at the bottom to add about 4+ additional miles. Shade was intermittent as we started at 11am and the sun was straight overhead. Bring lots of water. There is one overlook that had a great view of the mountains along with a sign board to identify the peaks. Would do again if in the area.

Great trail, however a little too rocky for my liking. (mountain biking)

This trail was an nice easy hike for the morning- very well marked and good shade. We got here a little after 7 and there were about 4 cars in the lot, left about 9 and lot was nearly full. Nice views and variety of plants. May 27 2018

Justhikedthis trail with my buddy from Dallas. I flew in from Austin yesterday. We hiked trails 29,30,31 and 32 for a total of 3.2 miles. It was a great day and the trail was well maintained.

Close to Santa Fe, easy to find, plenty of parking. Lots of options and distances with very nice views.

I took my in-laws (67 and 70) and they handled it nicely. Very well kept and awesome places for pictures.

very nice hike! mostly level trail with just a couple of inclines. some good views of the surrounding valleys.

Great way to spend a sunny afternoon.

Easy-to-follow and well-maintained network of trails. With clear markers and maps at junctions, you can customize your hike for whatever distance and duration you wish. The walking is pretty mild -- no major ascents or descents. An enjoyable and convenient Santa Fe hiking spot.

Great trail.

Hiked a portion of the Dale Ball trails. Nice rocky trail with good markings and many options to make it longer or shorter.

This was a great day for a hike and a great place! Didn't find it too easy, thanks to the different elevations. Great, smooth incline and just when I thought I couldn't go any further it would change to downhill or a flatter area. With the different trail options, you could also choose how far you wanted to go. Loved it!

Nice walk today. Overcast and a few light drops of rain, but easy walk for most anyone. Nicely marked trail for younger hikers, dogs, mountain biking, etc.

Walked it today. No signs of dogs or poop. Very pleasant hike with a low difficulty and nice views. Paths are very well marked.

Nice easy trail, great for the whole family.

No bears this morning...

Beautifully maintained, exquisite views and outstanding marker system. Trail maps and numbers at every junction.

If you are not an experienced hiker, this is a great trail, some elevation, several options on distance and nice view of the valley. My wife and I have hiked in snow and in summer. Suggest trekking poles!

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Great trail. My 6 year was able to complete.

Saturday, May 27, 2017

Saturday, April 01, 2017

Lovely hike through the mystic hills around Santa Fe.

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Perfectly pleasant 4 mile jaunt. Trail is well marked and well maintained. And not too crowded with mountain bikers in the day I went

It's very convenient to town. But you don't get the deep forest feel of other nearby trails. And you don't escape the road noise for much of the path.

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

My first time hiking in a very long time. Trying to get into shape. At middle age and out of shape, this was a good first hike. The trail was well maintained and it was a pleasant hike. I took the loop 2 trail which is just over 2 miles. It took me an hour to walk it. It was a great first step to getting into hiking. It's definitely a family friendly hike and I wouldn't hesitate to bring grandkids along.

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

great views, trail well marked and maintained.

Sunday, December 18, 2016

Wonderful winter hike. Fresh snow and sun!

Monday, December 12, 2016

absolutely beautiful!!! easy hike eith plenty to look at :)

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Great trail! Easily marked and plenty of options to make the hike harder or easier if you need. Awesome views. I would hike here regularly if I lived nearby!

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Great hike. It took us about 3 hrs do to one of the loops. We had two kids ages 3 and 4 and they walked the trail easily. The drawback of this hike is that it is not remote. You will wander around people's homes, across a road and aside a road. The upside is watching the trail runners and mountain bikers.