Church Rock Trail

Church Rock Trail is a 3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Gallup, New Mexico that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I parked my RV for free for several hours in the lot near the Post Office. I ran around the various park facilities and encountered virtually no traffic. The Church Trail is awesome for hiking but might be rough for jogging. It's best if you stay down around the campgrounds and museum/offices for jogging/running. AllTrails indicates this is a state park. It is NOT a state park. It's a local park ran by the Gallup Parks and Rec.

Beautiful views. About a 1.5 to 2 hour hike all together. I was a little confused by the trail. What this app was showing doesn't seem to be anymore. I feel like part of the trail was washed out so it cut me a little short. Just follow the stacked rock formations as your trails guid. The trail is quite sandy so slipping or losing your footing can easily happen.

This is a great family hike. Not too many high places or really rough to navigate terrain. There is a cut off to the more challenging Pyramid trail if this is too easy.

I loved it! It's my first completed trail hike. We did lose the trail a little because once you get in pretty far there are no more signs or trail markers. Otherwise it was spectacular!

Beautiful sandstone hike with amazing views. The trail leads through sandy areas, sandstone with steps carved out, and then you get to the base of Churchrock formation and you hike around the entire formation. Definitely recommend this hike.

Wednesday, November 09, 2016

Wednesday, November 09, 2016

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Monday, October 17, 2016

It was a nice day to take the dogs on a hike.

Friday, September 30, 2016

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Great trail and I highly recommend if your in Gallup. The first part is very sandy as you walk toward Church Rock. Follow the cairns and pink ribbon to stay on the trail.