Cedar Creek Trail

Cedar Creek Trail is a 3.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Ruidoso, New Mexico that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking.

My wife and I, along with our 3 dogs loved every minute of this trail! We must've taken a wrong turn somewhere as the trails are not as clearly marked as we would have liked, but we enjoyed getting lost. The views were absolutely beautiful and breathtaking. Lots of shade, even got a little bit of rain which was nice. We came across several large herds of deer which was completely entertaining to our dogs. We walked a total of 6 to 7 miles and though we were a bit tired when done, we can't wait to go back again! Highly recommended for anyone that loves the outdoors.

Nice afternoon hike. Great scenic views. Definitely would be a challenge biking it.

Great hike with several climbs but no problem with them. The kids and dogs had a great time.

The trail had nice views and was of moderate difficulty as marked. Turned and we went the way of the mine road back as on the map. The trail was not clearly marked so my son and I ended up walking down the side of the mountain through the trees to get back.

Fun easy hike, with beautiful views through the trees.

Great trail, saw an owl along the way. Very quiet and relaxing. The trail isn't very difficult to do.

Made it the whole way with two little ones. Wasn't easy but it had a beautiful stream along side the trail. Was expecting more wildlife than a single mule deer in the distant. We saw many beautiful different scenes of the landscape. We were all pretty exhausted when it was over.
Good Luck, hikers

Beautiful!

Enjoyed a wonderful 5 mile hike with our 7 and 9 yr old. Never too steep. Would be great to mountain bike this trail also! Passed 4 other hikers and two bikers and a dog. Gorgeous views. Lovely shade in places. Newly made trails (2015 & 2016). Would love to return!

Excellent trail. I started on Ski Apache road and hiked to Chuckwagon road. On the way back I took the old mine road and it was not as well maintained but you can follow it. Saw some rusted junk on that road from the old mining days, who knows how old, pretty cool.

Sunday, January 17, 2016