Carlito Springs Loop [CLOSED] is a 1.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Tijeras, New Mexico that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

closed

Closure information can be found here: https://www.bernco.gov/community-services/carlito-springs.aspx

I wish this place hadn’t closed-hidden gem!

it was amazing. Beautiful trail to hike with the fam. beautiful indeed!

Easy beautiful trail... hate that it is closed! Should not be! Renovation should have been made in the fall & winter.
By far mist lived trails

Closed starting March 2, indefinitely. See BernCo website for information.

LOVE!!! We went with the kids and had a wonderful time.

very nice trail for kids and whole family..
really enjoyed it.

Love it

Fun, short easy hike with my son and nieces. They enjoyed the spring at the top and we stopped and had a snack at the picnic table next to the spring. If you only want to go to the springs take a left at the fork and it is only about half a mile to get there.

Very cool and easy hike for the family. We took our twin 8 year olds. They loved the "hike" up and the abandoned mining town at the top. we jogged the last mile back to the car. great fun.

It’s a really fun trail with the kids. We made it all the way without having any piggy back rides. They loved the water and the ivy. Family fun win!

Beautiful fun hike!

Easy but pretty

Easy trail- really pretty.

This is a quick, easy to follow trail with some fun pools and old buildings along the way. Like others have said, I would rate this as easy not moderate but it's still a really nice hike.

Pretty but very easy.

It's a nice trail which leads you to an abandoned little town that has gardens and springs. It's a great day trail and it has many spots where you could have lunch and enjoy the scenery!

Super amazing hike, especially if you like abandoned stuff. The camp is really stellar, with springs, and beautiful gardens.

Very interesting hike! Seems like a normal trail and then your transformed into a little ghost town with pretty pools off the spring.

A very enjoyable hike (despite the view of I40 and the concrete plant). I believe the elevation chart represents following the path to the right at the start -- long, gradual uphill to the top, where the springs are. If you go left, there are mostly rough steps and a quick climb to the springs.

Either way, don't think this hike is even remotely "moderate" -- I found it easier than many others in the area that are classified "easy."

There are a couple of accessory trails that you can tack on to make a longer hike, if desired. I ended up hiking 2.44 miles and I didn't follow either of them as far as I could have.

The springs and old camp are definitely worth seeing!

Friday, September 22, 2017

CLOSED UNTIL NOV 25 FOR BEAR ACTIVITY

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

This is closed until November due to bear activity.
Great hike for young kids that isn't far from Albuquerque. My toddler loved it and there is a nice Picnic area at the top to stop and have lunch at.

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Simple hike with lovely gardens to see. I wish you could dip in the pools. Great for a short morning or afternoon hike.

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Perfect trail on which to take a short afternoon hike!

Thursday, August 03, 2017

It's a nice walk. Go left to get to the springs quickly

Saturday, July 22, 2017

I really liked this trail! The miniature waterfall pools were an unexpected treasure! There was lots of red dirt, cacti, trees for shade, and decent views. Great trail choice for a hot day.

Friday, July 14, 2017

Nice place!

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Monday, July 03, 2017

Great hike with 3 kids (14,12,10). We took the loop to the right and did most of the hike before hitting the springs. There are lots of shady spots to stop for a quick snack before heading down.

Monday, July 03, 2017