Canon Del

Canon Del is a 6.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near San Cristobal, New Mexico that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from March until November.

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Friday, May 13, 2016

Thursday, March 03, 2016

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Did the short out and back from the campground. This is a very well developed and maintained trail. Unfortunately the BLM built
really ugly shelters at the bottom of the gorge. Walk up stream from the main spring and there are some wonderful panels of petroglyphs.

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Came here yesterday with my two dogs. It had rained and snowed two days prior so the road was crazy muddy. If I hadn't had my jeep I would have been stranded, for sure. But as the day wore on, the road dried more and was much easier to travel back than it was coming in.

Once we got to the trail it was too narrow for two dogs and my self and too steep for my more senior dog to walk back up. So we just walked around the mesa top instead. It was beautiful. Still worth the trip.

Saturday, October 04, 2014

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Views were awesome on Big Arsenic today! Went all the way down to the water. The Rio Grande did not disappoint. My little Chica hikers made it as well they are 5 and 7. Take lots of water and utilize the shade trees. It is a fun trail with a rewarding good time at the bottom... But then remember you have to hike back up. 1 mile each way.