Bridal Veil Falls & Grand View Trail

Bridal Veil Falls & Grand View Trail is a 7.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Cloudcroft, New Mexico that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from September until May. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Restored trestle, desert stream, riparian wildlife, 45 foot waterfall, and trestle ruins. Start at the Salado Canyon Trestle trailhead and follow the trail to the right for 1.5 miles. You will arrive at a steep stairway, continue for another mile through a maze gate and you will hear the falls. Continue on past the falls for 3.5 miles to the Grand View trailhead. You can go back the way you came or walk down the paved road to your car.

The falls weren't so great, but this is a wonderful & relaxing hike. Great views! Nice to see all the old train history throughout hike. Enjoyed!

Great area to hike! Views are great and plenty of wildlife to see.

Loved this trail! I don't think that I would rate it as moderate. We found it to be pretty easy. The 7.2 miles is if you combine all three trails together. We did two of them and it came out to be about 6 miles.

Awesome trail, me and my dog hiked it today, some awesome views. Trail wasn't busy at all. Definitely will go back to this trail again.

Beautiful trail with small streams and water fall.

Great views, awesome history with all the remains of the old railroad. The falls are awesome. I would like to go back when more water is flowing.

An amazing trail and the waterfall was worth the trip!

Very nice trail , not too difficult to hike and has some very nice views. The falls are small but very nice. Also enjoyed the railroad remains.

Did this hike today and loved it. Pretty easy walk. The waterfalls were awesome. Only issue, make sure if you bring your dog it’s friendly with other dogs/animals. There were 2 lose dogs that I’m guessing live in the area that were all over the falls. Friendly, but kind of annoying.

Great intermediate trail. Seem more of an easy trail for the first mile, then it gets a little more demanding. Good nature.

Posted some pictures when frozen. We hike this area often. Can hike up river. Then onto trail can be made a loop

Fun trail!! Took my 8 year old there today, she absolutely loved it. I'd recommend bringing water shoes of some sort. There's an abandoned building before the falls... Stay out of there, curb your curiosity. I started going in and heard something rustling around in there. Not really sure what it was, but it scared us and we left. Fun trail though!

Husband and I did the Salado Canyon trail then backtracked to the Bridal Veil Falls trail. Enjoyed the waterfall and climbing to the base of it. Kept going and then crossed the highway and did the Grand View trail. Beautiful views from the top of that trail. Came back to trailhead via the highway.

Beautiful hike. My six year, my mother, and I did both the Grand View and Bridal Veil Falls trail along with our two eight month old puppies. Definitely need to cover up as there is not a lot of shade on the trail. Also, carry a lot of water.

Awesome Trail! However very hot and hardly any shade so cover up well! Otherwise a very wide open trail, beautiful views down on the small creek.

Excellent however the creek that runs below the first mile was more interesting than the fall (@1.4 miles). We went to about the 1.0 mile mark then walked the creek back about .5 miles, large boulders, river rock, and fun.

I would rate this hike as easy not moderate and the waterfall is beautiful! Had a lot of fun, definitely going back! Dog friendly!

We had a blast, and it was definitely worth the hike to see the falls! We brought our dog, and he loved the falls, definitely pet friendly! It says it's a long hike, but map my run, said we walk about 2 miles, there and back!

I think we do a route that just covers the falls. But the dogs love it! Especially the falls at the end. They always take a dip. The sad thing is people leave trash out there often. We load up the dogs pack with empty cans and bottles to take back out!

It's a nice hike that kids can tackle. Keep your kids and dogs close. There are rattlers out there.

Saturday, April 01, 2017

Very short trail. In comparison to other waterfalls I have seen, this one isn't as big or special but still very nice scene. The trail to the waterfall is boring so I decided to take the stream itself and it was a bit more fun. Plus it has some other sites to see while you're there!

Monday, March 27, 2017

Definitely a hike worth taking. got the great view of the falls, and swinging up to the Grand View from there was awesome.

Saturday, March 18, 2017

Nice

Thursday, March 16, 2017

Enjoyed the hike in March, 2017. Nice, easy short trail that has great views of the Tularosa basin and White Sands. It says no horses at the trailhead but this is obviously not heeded. Watch your step.

Sunday, March 12, 2017

Grand View Trails. Was a great little hike thru the desert mountains. Easy trail, well maintained, lots of catcus, birds, and amazing view of the Tularosa Basin.

Monday, September 26, 2016

Did the Salado Trestle trail and then went onto the Bridal Veil trail from there. Was with my husband and our 5 kids ranging from 3-14 years old, and if a 3 year old can do it.... It was very hot because there's NO coverage, but it was almost completely flat, so super easy! Watch the river bed on the Falls trail, what's up with the cars?! (see my picture I uploaded)

Monday, August 29, 2016

It was a perfect hike for my 11 year old daughter and me. I I'd give it 5 stars but the trail was a little confusing at times. we took the Bridal Veil Falls Trail and the waterfall was amazing. We loved it!

Friday, June 10, 2016

Beautiful falls with intriguing old buildings near them!

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Pretty hot! Not a lot of shade until you get to the falls. Definitely worth it though!

Sunday, May 15, 2016

I don't think this pin on the map is correct!

Saturday, October 24, 2015

We walked Salado Canyon Trestle Trail a few weeks back, just to the Trestle, It was an easy walk and there was water under the Trestle.