Bridal Veil Falls & Grand View Trail

Bridal Veil Falls & Grand View Trail is a 7.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Cloudcroft, New Mexico that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from September until May. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Restored trestle, desert stream, riparian wildlife, 45 foot waterfall, and trestle ruins. Start at the Salado Canyon Trestle trailhead and follow the trail to the right for 1.5 miles. You will arrive at a steep stairway, continue for another mile through a maze gate and you will hear the falls. Continue on past the falls for 3.5 miles to the Grand View trailhead. You can go back the way you came or walk down the paved road to your car.

Great intermediate trail. Seem more of an easy trail for the first mile, then it gets a little more demanding. Good nature.

Posted some pictures when frozen. We hike this area often. Can hike up river. Then onto trail can be made a loop

Fun trail!! Took my 8 year old there today, she absolutely loved it. I'd recommend bringing water shoes of some sort. There's an abandoned building before the falls... Stay out of there, curb your curiosity. I started going in and heard something rustling around in there. Not really sure what it was, but it scared us and we left. Fun trail though!

Husband and I did the Salado Canyon trail then backtracked to the Bridal Veil Falls trail. Enjoyed the waterfall and climbing to the base of it. Kept going and then crossed the highway and did the Grand View trail. Beautiful views from the top of that trail. Came back to trailhead via the highway.

Beautiful hike. My six year, my mother, and I did both the Grand View and Bridal Veil Falls trail along with our two eight month old puppies. Definitely need to cover up as there is not a lot of shade on the trail. Also, carry a lot of water.

Awesome Trail! However very hot and hardly any shade so cover up well! Otherwise a very wide open trail, beautiful views down on the small creek.

Excellent however the creek that runs below the first mile was more interesting than the fall (@1.4 miles). We went to about the 1.0 mile mark then walked the creek back about .5 miles, large boulders, river rock, and fun.

I would rate this hike as easy not moderate and the waterfall is beautiful! Had a lot of fun, definitely going back! Dog friendly!

We had a blast, and it was definitely worth the hike to see the falls! We brought our dog, and he loved the falls, definitely pet friendly! It says it's a long hike, but map my run, said we walk about 2 miles, there and back!