Bridal Veil Falls & Grand View Trail

Bridal Veil Falls & Grand View Trail is a 7.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Cloudcroft, New Mexico that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from September until May. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Restored trestle, desert stream, riparian wildlife, 45 foot waterfall, and trestle ruins. Start at the Salado Canyon Trestle trailhead and follow the trail to the right for 1.5 miles. You will arrive at a steep stairway, continue for another mile through a maze gate and you will hear the falls. Continue on past the falls for 3.5 miles to the Grand View trailhead. You can go back the way you came or walk down the paved road to your car.

Beautiful hike. My six year, my mother, and I did both the Grand View and Bridal Veil Falls trail along with our two eight month old puppies. Definitely need to cover up as there is not a lot of shade on the trail. Also, carry a lot of water.

Awesome Trail! However very hot and hardly any shade so cover up well! Otherwise a very wide open trail, beautiful views down on the small creek.

Excellent however the creek that runs below the first mile was more interesting than the fall (@1.4 miles). We went to about the 1.0 mile mark then walked the creek back about .5 miles, large boulders, river rock, and fun.

I would rate this hike as easy not moderate and the waterfall is beautiful! Had a lot of fun, definitely going back! Dog friendly!

We had a blast, and it was definitely worth the hike to see the falls! We brought our dog, and he loved the falls, definitely pet friendly! It says it's a long hike, but map my run, said we walk about 2 miles, there and back!

I think we do a route that just covers the falls. But the dogs love it! Especially the falls at the end. They always take a dip. The sad thing is people leave trash out there often. We load up the dogs pack with empty cans and bottles to take back out!

It's a nice hike that kids can tackle. Keep your kids and dogs close. There are rattlers out there.

Very short trail. In comparison to other waterfalls I have seen, this one isn't as big or special but still very nice scene. The trail to the waterfall is boring so I decided to take the stream itself and it was a bit more fun. Plus it has some other sites to see while you're there!

Definitely a hike worth taking. got the great view of the falls, and swinging up to the Grand View from there was awesome.