Bridal Veil Falls & Grand View Trail

Bridal Veil Falls & Grand View Trail is a 7.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Cloudcroft, New Mexico that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from September until May. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Restored trestle, desert stream, riparian wildlife, 45 foot waterfall, and trestle ruins. Start at the Salado Canyon Trestle trailhead and follow the trail to the right for 1.5 miles. You will arrive at a steep stairway, continue for another mile through a maze gate and you will hear the falls. Continue on past the falls for 3.5 miles to the Grand View trailhead. You can go back the way you came or walk down the paved road to your car.

I would rate this hike as easy not moderate and the waterfall is beautiful! Had a lot of fun, definitely going back! Dog friendly!

We had a blast, and it was definitely worth the hike to see the falls! We brought our dog, and he loved the falls, definitely pet friendly! It says it's a long hike, but map my run, said we walk about 2 miles, there and back!

I think we do a route that just covers the falls. But the dogs love it! Especially the falls at the end. They always take a dip. The sad thing is people leave trash out there often. We load up the dogs pack with empty cans and bottles to take back out!

It's a nice hike that kids can tackle. Keep your kids and dogs close. There are rattlers out there.

Very short trail. In comparison to other waterfalls I have seen, this one isn't as big or special but still very nice scene. The trail to the waterfall is boring so I decided to take the stream itself and it was a bit more fun. Plus it has some other sites to see while you're there!

Definitely a hike worth taking. got the great view of the falls, and swinging up to the Grand View from there was awesome.

Nice

Enjoyed the hike in March, 2017. Nice, easy short trail that has great views of the Tularosa basin and White Sands. It says no horses at the trailhead but this is obviously not heeded. Watch your step.

Grand View Trails. Was a great little hike thru the desert mountains. Easy trail, well maintained, lots of catcus, birds, and amazing view of the Tularosa Basin.

Did the Salado Trestle trail and then went onto the Bridal Veil trail from there. Was with my husband and our 5 kids ranging from 3-14 years old, and if a 3 year old can do it.... It was very hot because there's NO coverage, but it was almost completely flat, so super easy! Watch the river bed on the Falls trail, what's up with the cars?! (see my picture I uploaded)

It was a perfect hike for my 11 year old daughter and me. I I'd give it 5 stars but the trail was a little confusing at times. we took the Bridal Veil Falls Trail and the waterfall was amazing. We loved it!

Friday, June 10, 2016

Beautiful falls with intriguing old buildings near them!