Bridal Veil Falls & Grand View Trail

Bridal Veil Falls & Grand View Trail is a 7.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Cloudcroft, New Mexico that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from September until May. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Restored trestle, desert stream, riparian wildlife, 45 foot waterfall, and trestle ruins. Start at the Salado Canyon Trestle trailhead and follow the trail to the right for 1.5 miles. You will arrive at a steep stairway, continue for another mile through a maze gate and you will hear the falls. Continue on past the falls for 3.5 miles to the Grand View trailhead. You can go back the way you came or walk down the paved road to your car.

13 minutes ago

Definitely a hike worth taking. got the great view of the falls, and swinging up to the Grand View from there was awesome.

Nice

Enjoyed the hike in March, 2017. Nice, easy short trail that has great views of the Tularosa basin and White Sands. It says no horses at the trailhead but this is obviously not heeded. Watch your step.

Grand View Trails. Was a great little hike thru the desert mountains. Easy trail, well maintained, lots of catcus, birds, and amazing view of the Tularosa Basin.

Did the Salado Trestle trail and then went onto the Bridal Veil trail from there. Was with my husband and our 5 kids ranging from 3-14 years old, and if a 3 year old can do it.... It was very hot because there's NO coverage, but it was almost completely flat, so super easy! Watch the river bed on the Falls trail, what's up with the cars?! (see my picture I uploaded)

It was a perfect hike for my 11 year old daughter and me. I I'd give it 5 stars but the trail was a little confusing at times. we took the Bridal Veil Falls Trail and the waterfall was amazing. We loved it!

Beautiful falls with intriguing old buildings near them!

Pretty hot! Not a lot of shade until you get to the falls. Definitely worth it though!

I don't think this pin on the map is correct!

We walked Salado Canyon Trestle Trail a few weeks back, just to the Trestle, It was an easy walk and there was water under the Trestle.

Easy hike for anyone. Started to take hike mid summer but was too hot. Recommend early to mid spring or fall. Nice little walk with lovely little waterfall in cool cove. Cherry trees were in bloom.

Only hiked to the falls and back with the dogs, but it was very nice nonetheless. I would like to do this one again during the spring when things start to turn green again and the falls have a little more water coming down them. Easy trail for anyone and everyone, we met a woman with two small children out on the trail that day and they were doing just fine.

Another great rails to trails conversion. Nice easy trail. Take plenty of water in the summer.