Black Canyon Trail

Black Canyon Trail is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Santa Fe, New Mexico that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Good short trail out of town. I wore my 5-months old baby and I hiked with my over 70yo dad. Easy hike. It can be snowy at winter.

Good climb beyond the loop. Nice view at the top.

Great beginners trail. I took my dog and we enjoyed the scenery and cooler weather.

Beautiful, easy, shady. Perfect!

Easy to hike, easy to get to. Beautiful aspens and pines. Perfect afternoon getaway from Santa Fe.

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Beautiful! On the sunny side, I found a tiny horny toad!

Thursday, April 21, 2016

I hiked this trail without the map. I started from the campground and ended up going off trail and going for the Ridgeline peaking at the top of one of the open peaks. Gorgeous views and the cool weather and some snow still left in the ground for March was an added bonus. the basic trail is goid, but if you feel adventurous, go fir the top.. it's well worth it.

Friday, April 15, 2016

Nice short, quiet trail.

Saturday, April 09, 2016

Awesome hike, even in early spring and with some hail.

Friday, July 31, 2015

Great hike! Make sure to take in the vista at the turn back down. Just amazing.

Friday, July 03, 2015

Easy hike with the kids. Lots of shade and easy walking. Doesn't matter which way you go on the loop its uphill till you loop back.

Wednesday, May 06, 2015

This is a worthwhile little hike. It is easy for kids. You must hike through the Black Canyon Campground before reaching the trail.

Saturday, October 19, 2013

this was an easy day hike. It begins behind campsite #24, and loops up the hill and through the woods. I went during the government shutdown, so the campsite was closed and bathrooms were closed. It was a peaceful hike.