Atalaya Mountain Trail

Atalaya Mountain Trail is a 6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Santa Fe, New Mexico that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is a short day hike from St. Johns College trail head east side of the city of Santa Fe, NM into the edge of the Santa Fe National forest.

Lots of fun!

Nice trail with great views of Santa Fe. Moderately difficult on the ascent. I loved it.

great views from the top! loved this hike. challenging but very doable

nice local Trail but there is no parking so plan to walk from the college.. atypical Santa Fe Trail with lots of mica and I think granite, not sure...nice view on top..☺️

This was my first time hiking near Santa Fe and I greatly enjoyed this trail. The trail was marked along the way which was nice because there were several smaller trails that linked to the main one. Once you got higher, it was marked easy route or steep route. So I liked knowing that there were two options. It took my friends and I about two hours to reach the top from the parking lot, which seemed about average. Great views and nice trail. Highly recommend.

Solid trail. Ended up doing the loop via Dale Ball trail so I would estimate the total distance was a little over 7 miles. Good views of Santa Fe.