Armijo Trail and Faulty Trail Loop

Armijo Trail and Faulty Trail Loop is a 4.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Cedar Crest, New Mexico that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and horses and is best used from April until November. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Closed today due to bear activity.

This is a nice trail. Loved the loop. Really nice people passing by infrequently. We had a nice cloud cover most of the time. I imagine parts are really hot in summer sun. Could have done without the hailstorm but it was at the end so... whatever. Would do again.

We saw bears, wild turkeys, humming birds, and woodpeckers. I also got an $80 ticket for not paying the parking fee. Oh well.

Nice trail with a good amount of shade. Lots of wildflowers now.

Great trail!

Absolutely love this trail! The Faulty Loop portion is a little more difficult/narrow but not too bad. I think the Faulty Trail is actually very long (if you took it the whole way), but this loop just does part of it. I was dazzled by the butterflies and all the beautiful plants! One of my favorites in the Cibola National Forest, for sure. We saw a rattlesnake too- so watch your step!