Alien Run Trail at Hart Canyon

easy 35 reviews

Alien Run Trail at Hart Canyon is a 7.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Aztec, New Mexico that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 7.9 miles Elevation Gain: 646 feet Route Type: Loop

Looked like an amazing trail (for warmer weather) if you’re planning to mountain bike, run or hike it’s way too muddy! I would recommend going when it’s warmer!

Great trail for a fun ride! I took my 4 boys with me and they had a great time! I’m fairly new to biking so a few spots are a little difficult for me but with time I’m sure it will be easier for me!

Trail was great to ride. I would for sure do it again. Video available on YouTube at https://youtu.be/3tszhHGQfaI if you want a better insight of the trail itself.

recorded Alien Run Trail at Hart Canyon

Didn’t get to finish it because we got a late start, we will definitely be going back. At that time I’ll leave a better review.

Tue Jan 01 2019

Great area to walk/run/bike and is well marked. The first loop is great for all ages and abilities the rest will give a little more challenge.

Mon Dec 10 2018

great place for a walk

Wed Jun 20 2018

Great hike/bike trail

Sat Jun 25 2016

Nice well maintained trail with great flow for both trail running and mountain biking.

Fri May 22 2015

Awesome

Thu May 21 2015

Amazing trail.

Mon Dec 03 2012

This trail is pretty fun. It winds through the pinions with many short climbs and descents. Not technical, but there are plenty of fast sections. Make sure to do the Black Hole. It is an extra loop that is probably only a couple hundred yards, but it is super technical slickrock. Best technical section that I have found in New Mexico thus far (not saying much). The Farmington and Aztec areas seem like they have perfect terrain for biking but there just don't seem to be many great trails at this point.

Sun Sep 30 2012

I had a blast on this trail. It was pretty technical but for the most part fun. Me and my buddy did the 9 mile loop. We did the black hole and it was the coolest trail we have ever done. It was great. Great memories. And I know I will be riding this trail more often.

Fri Aug 10 2012

This is a great trail for beautiful views and beginner riders. I am pretty fit and the 5 mile ride was really fun. I am not a very experienced bike rider and the challenges where perfect to keep me on my toes but not to scary. My friend who rides a lot does the 10 and 20 mile loops and he loves them. Easy access, nice parking lot, friendly people.

Tue Jul 12 2011

i took this trail for almost 8 miles. the black hole at mile 2.5ish is kinda technical but a lot of fun

recorded Alien Run