Ah-shi-sle-pah Trail is a 4.5 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near Nageezi, New Mexico that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is best used from May until September.

Distance: 4.5 km Elevation Gain: 58 m Route Type: Loop

Unique, mesmerising hoodoos and badlands that make one feel as if they are on another planet. Be aware that this "hike" is off trail and the route provided is only a suggestion.

Amazing landscape. Can be easy or difficult depending on your route. No real trails, just wander around and see the beauty of nature..

this trail shows the beauty of what used to be here echoing in the remains of what’s still here

Great hike. Amazing Hoodoos surrounded by beautiful geological shapes and colors. Note. You can no longer drive up to the site. There's now a designated parking area next to road 57. This adds 1.2 miles to the hike.

Not marked at all and easy to get lost. Follow the recommendations to bring GPS due to no service. Gorgeous. Didn’t hike the hole trail, but that was due to my unpreparedness. Only ones in park for miles.

You park along the road and walk into the trailhead, which adds a bit of a walk on flat, exposed terrain. We arrived around 10 am and while it was gorgeous, this area is probably best around sunrise or sunset. Interesting, complex hoodoos and rock formations. There is no true trail here, so don't expect to find a marked one. The route above is only a suggestion. This area isn't huge and you can wander through it without much issue. Loved it.

Absolutley loved this place. I got lost because I kept wanting to go just a little bit further. I was the only person there and it was spectacular. The only thing that I would change is that I would go earlier so that I could get lost for a longer period of time.

Sun May 05 2019

recorded Ah-shi-sle-pah Trail

Sun Apr 07 2019

Agree with previous posts about it looking like another planet. Lots of great photos. 66 degree today but felt much warmer out there with no shade.

Sat Mar 23 2019

beautiful hoodoos everywhere! I highly recommend! best hiked between October and April otherwise too hot!

Tue Mar 12 2019

It certainly is a menagerie of geologic formations, loved it! We followed the directions here to a start and left— almost got stuck; like MsJennifer says — I’d strongly recommend going to the designated parking area and working from there.

Wed Mar 06 2019

Thu Jan 31 2019

Easy trail. Like being on another planet.

Sat Mar 31 2018

Beautifull. Very impressive views of a cuasi lunar/incredible landscape. Watch out that there is no trails or paths. Went with my wife and we were totally alone, If you are not carefull you can easily get lost. Dont try to go from here to the Chaco Culture Natural Park following a GPS because the road dissappears. We managed to cross a dry river, but would not do it again without a 4x4.

Sun Nov 12 2017

there is a designated parking area, so I'm not sure what directions the previous reviewer took. I have Verizon, and had good enough signal in some areas to go live on facebook

Sun Apr 09 2017

awesome

Fri Mar 17 2017

Hoodoos city as far as the eye can see.

recorded Recording - May 25, 04:43 PM