10K Trail

10K Trail is a 10 mile loop trail located near Placitas, New Mexico and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for mountain biking and is best used from March until November.

I checked out some of the trails encompassed by the 10k road which is a horseshoe with singletrack trails inside the loop. I found out that there are even more trails on the east side of the horseshoe. There is a smaller parking area about 1/4 mile east of the main parking lots with additional trails to the east. I'll be back!

Agree with Brianna about difficulty in determining whether I am reviewing the correct trail as there is a network of trails in this area, but...

Trial is easy access from main road to Placitas. Winds through mid size piñon/juniper with elevation gain. Relatively easy hike and perfect for a family walk at the end of the day. Would be tough mid- day on hot days. Otherwise a wonderful walk.

nice hike with great view from the top of the aspens

I started at the North Trailhead, so hopefully I'm putting this review in the correct place. Really pleasant, easy hike. Great for kids/fur family members.

Wow... Was a great hike...
Ups and downs.. The top was beautiful.
If you have knee problems You will have alittle bit of a rough time heading back to your car.. I do and it took me a little extra time.. Besides that... Great hike.

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

A nice long hike (loop) by adding part of the Osha Loop and all of Penasco Blanco which connects with the North Crest Trail until it intersects with the 10K trail again and then back to the trailhead parking lot off NM 536 which is paved and goes to the top of the Sandia's at ends at the Crest House.

Friday, March 04, 2016