Wyanokie High Point via Highlands and Wyanokie Crest Trail

Wyanokie High Point via Highlands and Wyanokie Crest Trail is a 8.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Bloomingdale, New Jersey that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 8.8 miles Elevation Gain: 1,827 feet Route Type: Loop

On the more difficult side of moderate, but doable. Nice view at the high point.

It is a nice trail, and pretty rocky. I took blue trail to get to the high point, a few up and down, but the view on top is great, I can even see the skyline of New York City. On my way back, I took the other way including red, orange, yellow, then blue trails. It seems fewer people took this path, and I had a relatively hard time following signs on red trail. It’s a good workout.

Hard to rate this one. First part of hike was great thanks to someone who laid out a step by step hike.. This is a VERY confusing trail system and I would suggest anyone attempting to make sure they have a good color coded trail map with them. We did fine until we tried to return to Weis Center. We got turned around somehow and descended down a much longer, much harder and much more confusing trail. What should have taken 45 minutes took over 2 hours. Thankfully I had phone service and a a compass and we were able to navigate our way out. It took the "wow, what a wonderful day" out. The trail could be better marked. Signs appear to have been ripped off their poles. I knew from reading previous comments that this might be the case, so I'm owning this one.

7/13/ 2019 nice hike, but mo spectacular view.

good views of the reservoir from high point. A bit crowded with limited parking and would suggest to get an early start.

Awesome trail. Great water features, easy to follow trails and great scenery. Great day!

4.29.19. A really fine hike, with great views, flowers, wildlife and a decent workout. My trail combination was Blue (Otter Hole), White, Yellow (Carris Hill), Blue again, Red Dot (High Point) and finally Green back to the lot. Highlights included the Chikahoki Falls, climbing Carris Hill, where the views get progressively more awesome, the summit of Carris Hill, where we had no company but Turkey vultures on the thermals. And then you see the view from Wyanoke High Point over the Wanaque reservoir. Quite something. If you're thinking of trying this combination, here are my stats as a rough guide: Distance: 6.6 miles Elevation Gain: 1,211 feet Moving Time: 2:59:17

Another good trail for summer months. Is not much more difficult to traverse in the winter but watch out for ice buildup. Just under three hours to complete with close to 25 minutes at the summit. The view never disappoints, as a large body of water can be seen from this point and mountains that encompass 160 degrees of view. Only significant warning is the parking space - no more than 10 cars can be legally parked at the trailhead entrance so be wary if you are visiting during popular times of the week

Went out solo after 2 inches of snow and the trail was lovely, quiet and beautiful. The balds were icy and the trail markers were covered in spots, but using the map I found my way. Not my favorite trail out there, but pleasant enough.

Good hike good views waterfall everything you need

Fairly easy, nice views at the top. Trail head is hard to find, spent about 20 minutes looking for the right path because we went up the steep hill instead of following the river.

Beautiful view! Great hike!

Sunday, May 20, 2018

Great hike, one of my favorites.

Sunday, April 29, 2018

So I haven’t been hiking in a long time but this was a good challenge for my first time back. I loved every moment of this trail! I would rate it more stars if I could ! The views are awesome and it gets rocky which is so much fun !

Saturday, September 23, 2017

Trail was awesome definitely one of the best in NJ...High Point makes the hike and is a feature point for the trip.

Monday, September 04, 2017

Wife and I had an amazing hike on this trail. It has a bunch of interesting things, including waterfalls, log crossings over streams, narrow paths, minor scrambling, and AMAZING views. Probably one of the best views on Wyanokie High Point that my wife and I have seen in NJ. Trail is moderate with lots of rocks and some decent elevation gain. We started at Otter Hole and followed Blue/Green to Wyanokie and then came back on White, which is a little easier and less steep. Trails are very well marked and cared for. We plan to come back in the fall to see the foliage.

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Fire road in from Glenwilde Rd to waterfall an easy 2 miles back and forth with great views of the falls. Cross post brook and meet up with white blazed trail if desired.