Wyanoke High Point Trail

Wyanoke High Point Trail is a 3.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Ringwood, New Jersey that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

Unbelievable view from the top. A rocky terrain. The trailhead is behind the Natural swimming pool.

Great trail! Lots of rocks to walk up, amazing views. My 7 year old kept up with no problem, but it's not an easy trail. It took us about 3 hours to complete the loop.

I have a very special place in my heart for this hike. Some spots are tough.. the views make it worth it. In a few areas you walk through a lot of brush.. check for ticks and mind your footing, all good. Make sure to stop along the way to enjoy the many views you will see.

Challenging rugged terrain with a few nice overlooks on the way to the incredible 360 degree view at Wyanokie High Point. Great for all skill levels.

Was having a great time in this beautiful forest until I came across a black bear right before high point on the white trail with red dot in the middle... Thankfully, it turned once it saw me. Be cautious of your surrounding! Lots of wildlife here, saw deers and a turkey.

Good exercise. Good views. Got a little lost at some points. Overall good hike.

Pretty good hike. View up top is pretty awesome. Covered by trees the whole way so the sun isnt beating down on you. Multiple scenic views to look at as you go up to high point which makes for a nice spot to eat some snacks and catch up on hydration.

I went in October and the view was beautiful. The colors of the leaves were just changing and very vibrant. You can see the NYC skyline once you get to high point of the trail. The trail was very moderate and anyone could do this trail!

Very pretty. View of NYC skyline was cool. This hike is as good as any in the lower ADKs and one of my fave Jersey hikes.

Great exercise for an afternoon. Climbs and views. Trekking poles helped my short legs. Nothing too strenuous. Beautiful views and interesting features.

Study the map at the park first and find the map at the kiosk showing the multiple trails and color codes for their blazes. The loop shown here is a small part of what you will see in the total network of trails. Look to match the shape of this loop with the trails on the right side of the map.

I relied on the GPS to stay on the loop shown here, but got off the intended trail and lost the yellow/white blazes near the end. Thought we were on the trail but ended up in someone’s backyard. It was easy to get to the street at that point and you were back at the parking lot. The network of orange, yellow-white, and red-white trails near the end is confusing, many parallel and shared trails, some making small loops. Take a photo at the kiosk or have a map to keep track of your route in this section.

Great hike! Beautiful views!

Good hike. Great views. Many slippery rocks that require caution. Not technically difficult. .

Great trail with some awesome views. Like other reviewers, It was a bit confusing to get onto the right trail but in the end I followed the green blazes that start near the pool by the parking lot and then the blue blazes up to the Ridgeline. There were some steep sections but I don’t think it’s very strenuous. Great way to spend a few hours when you need a quick nature fix.

Love how you can get amazing views without a super strenuous hike. I did get lost though. There are so many trails at this park and a lot of them run parallel to eachother which doesnt help... luckily i had service and data to look up a map and track my location to get back on the right track. otherwise an awesome loop and good hike with nice views

Friday, August 11, 2017

Beautiful views throughout the hike. We thought we were following the loop but ended up on the opposite side of the mountain, 8 miles from our car! Be more observant than us!!

Tuesday, August 08, 2017

Took a few minutes to find the start of the trail (followed the blue trail up and back). Amazing views from the top. Almost took the wrong blue trail back, but quickly sorted it out. I agree with the moderate level. Would love to go back with a drone and to also see the mines. The Natural pool looked interesting as well.

Sunday, August 06, 2017

Amazing views from many vistas all the way to the top. Green to blue and back and not too difficult. A very busy trail with hikers, never alone for too long.

Sunday, July 16, 2017

This trail is incredibly scenic and fun. It's somewhat challenging but not difficult. We ate wild blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries along the entire trail. They are in large abundance.

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

little hard to find the trails first, but once you on it it is a great hike. Don't miss visit the mine on your way up!

Sunday, May 21, 2017

Really great views and lots of interesting points along the trail! Highly recommend.

Sunday, May 07, 2017

I loved every moment of this trip. I went alone but it was so grounding. I met wonderful people - the high point wasn't too crowded and I was able to do some yoga on the side of the cliff. It was wonderful !

Saturday, April 29, 2017

Friday, April 14, 2017

Collado was here 2016.. Woot woot

Monday, February 20, 2017

Saturday, August 13, 2016

I enjoyed the trail but my intentions were to hike Wyanoke High Point and then onto Chikahoki Falls but the maps I brought along and the trail flares (or lack there of) weren't of much use. I think hiking Wyanoke is pretty straight forward and well mapped/flared out but beyond it, it might get difficult. Definitely have a GPS (or luck out and meet a nice bunch of locals who will help point you in the right direction) of some sort because it might be hard to navigate without it. Regarding High Point itself, its not too challenging of a hike and the best views are near the summit.

Monday, August 08, 2016

The trail and the view are beautiful. I had a great time on this hike BUT
PLEASE BE AWARE OF THE FOLLOWING
-Unlike the description on alltrails there are multiple hike routes for this trail and they are
1. definitely longer than 3 miles (think more like 10-15)
2. not necessarily a loop

Since the map is totally awful (for multiple reasons, but one being there is no indication of distance whatsoever) I assumed the 1 actual loop (green/blue trail) is the 3 mile loop. Since from the map it is the only trail that loops around.
My BF and I began at the highland natural pool (this is where the GPS will take you direct from the app). We were hiking for about 3 hours following the blue trail (we took a detour to highpoint, then went back to blue), thinking we must be close to the exit, we see a group of people and they said the exit was about 20 mins away, but "by the waterfall". Now entering a slight panic (since the sun was getting ready to set) we headed that way (still following blue trail). We get out to the street and asked a family who was there if they knew where the natural pool was and they said about 7 miles. Another 1-1.5 hours after going back into the woods OR 7-8 miles of walking on the street. No cell service available, sun is setting. The family was kind enough to give us a ride to our car (about 10-15 min drive).
I still highly recommend this hike, it is super fun, great view etc. But I want to make sure the description is clear to everyone. I don't want anyone to end up in a similar situation. Happy hiking!

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Awesome day on this trail....seen 6 wild turkeys and a couple deer.... Views were spectacular on high point.... Definitely one of my favorites

Monday, January 04, 2016

The views are really nice

Friday, July 17, 2015

Is no longer a hiking trail no makers

Sunday, June 08, 2014