White Shore Trail

White Shore Trail is a 3.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Alpine, New Jersey that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November.

rock climbing

beach

Rugged hike with outstanding views, waterfalls, ruins.

Tough hike one way cause at some point you need to go up the Palisades cliffs. Best to start going South then easier coming up North ascent. Flatter with more breaks in the ascent. Can't believe this hike is in our backyard. Definitely worth a visit then head to the filling station/the market place along 9W for lunch and refreshment.

Get ready. This is a very intense hike! You get a little bit of everything: waterfalls, view, shore, boulders, even a swing! Hahaha

If anyone wants to take up a challenge, go hike when it's raining or after it rained. My friend and I hike when rain hits us, it made the trail more difficult than it already was even though we were wearing our hiking shoes. The rocks were very slippery so I slightly twisted my ankle and had a couple of cuts. So be very careful.

It took us 4 hours to do the loop. Probably less if it wasn't raining. It's considered "Hard" for a reason hahaha. But it's definitely worth the hike! I would definitely come back and do this all over again! Just on a sunny and dry day LOL

Prepare yourself. This is intense. Bring lots of water. Views are all well worth it though!

Great trail, I had just about everything you can ask for. I started out extremely early on Sunday, 0 traffic on the trail and lots of wildlife.

This was a really nice hike. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Just need to be careful when you're climbing the rocks by the water. Hiking shoes are always a help. It had really nice views especially from the lookout. Waterfall was a nice feature of this hike too. All in all, it was a great hike. Looking forward to going again.

Outstanding views from State Line Lookout point. Be ready to have some climbing near the water, so good shoes are welcomed. So, it's great adventure with final 500-feet accent from the south point.

it's a great adventure. hard but it's totally worth it. I would recommend to start from the south point. make sure to put on hike shoe for this trail. great views, beautiful water fall. loved it!

This is a great hike. Spectacular views, but you do have to work for it. I really enjoyed the bouldering in the middle of the hike. If you go North first, you've got a bunch of steps to climb at the end, but absolutely worth it.

I love it . Very challenging.

Strenuous trail. A lot of hiking over rocks along the shore and up the palisades but it's definitely worth it. I recommend starting at the Alpine Look Out, going down the Giant Staircase, and traveling north along the shore to Peanut Leap Falls and swinging back around. It's tough and long but it offers some awesome views and a beautiful waterfall. Definitely worth it. Bring water and take a couple breaks every so often!

This hike was definitely harder than I thought it was going to be. A large part was scrambling over boulders and picking your way through rocky terrain . I would not recommend this for children under 8 years of age. Not sure what people were taking about when complaining about all the garbage. I did not notice.

did this many years ago. it is VERY hard. it is not for casual hikers.

it was great workout but head the warnings