White Shore and Long Path Loop Trail

White Shore and Long Path Loop Trail is a 3.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Alpine, New Jersey that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November.

rock climbing

beach

Rugged hike with outstanding views, waterfalls, ruins.

This was a great work out. Good amount of rock scrambling and the stairs at the end of the loop are tiring, but definitely doable. Went on a Sunday morning and it wasn't too crowded.

One of the challenging hikes I've done. I'd recommend to wear good hiking shoes and be prepared to finish this trail in 3 plus hrs.

The giant steps were amazing.

Definitely leave 3+ hours to complete. Very strenuous. Was sweating my balls off. At any point your a step away from breaking your ankle in between 2 rocks. Was pressed on time with the sunset so I went fast. was crawling up the steps at the end. Was definitely rewarding once finished.

Fun trail and a decent exercise, but if you're in decent shape and have decent coordination this trail should be rated easy to moderate. Definitely not for pets or physically impaired humans since you have to work your way through big rocks. Beautiful views and scenery and pretty heavily trafficked.

Fun and yet a bit challenging trail.

This hike was nuts! My girlfriend and I brought her Rhodesian Ridgeback on the trail. We are experienced hikers and often look for a good challenge, today we bit off more than we could chew. During the beginning of the trail we were all smiles coming across gorgeous views, a waterfall, and eventually the river. We took some great pictures and continued on, right then I took a spill and took a slide about 20ft down the edge of the cliff, and that's when things got interesting... We came upon these "boulders" that were mentioned in other comments, well let me tell you that this trail is certainly not meant for dogs. I repeat NOT MEANT FOR DOGS. I ended up carrying my girlfriends dog across each and every stretch of boulders we came across. I risked her and my life multiple times with nearly every step. The lesson here is read the signs before you decide to take this trail.