Washington Valley Park Trail

Washington Valley Park Trail is a 5.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Martinsville, New Jersey that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

A little wet from the rain but otherwise trails were good. Controlled burn on white rock side is complete.

I went here because of this App and I have to say I was beyond impressed. I can't wait until next Spring. I took lots of great pictures during this visit.

Awesome! A little wet in some spots, but overall a good day.

We started on the red trail to the lake. Fortunately we had the AllTrails map to navigate our location as the trails were often poorly marked and turned without warning. We were on a busy road for a stretch at the end of the lake before continuing on a closed trail due to an incomplete bridge and crossing through the mud. The white trail continued on the other side of the lake and again we had to use navigation to ensure we stayed on track to return to the parking lot. The blue trail is a nice second loop across the road and is much better marked but still had to use the app a few times to ensure we didn't make a wrong turn. Overall a great day, small elevation climbs and nice trails.

not a road bike trail at all

Some parts consist of heavy noise from local traffic and the nearby quarry. No difficult paths, definitely a starters trail.

The park is discontinuous and there were some sections under construction but not mentioned at the trailhead which complicated making a full loop. Broken glass was all over so bringing our dog was risky and I wouldn't do it again. There were certainly a few nice parts. If the place was cleaned up and better marked, the trail would be a 3-4 stars.

Good trail.

Good Hike. The level is moderate. We did the red dot. It has a moderate traffic.

The red trail is easy. Share is also shared with mountain bikes which can be a problem. Just keep an eye out so that you don't get run over.

Really beautiful

Great trail to bring your dogs; easy terrain and soothing views.

It's a really nice place to go and there a many different options and ways. I had there a nice walk with friends.

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Best mountain biking in the state. You can find trail maps at the newmanns lane parking lot. more trails in this valley than you can hike or bike in a day(many of them not mapped). Middle brook trail follows the river. most people think it ends at crim fields but if you go through the fields and cross the street you go behind the school and the trail picks up again.

Thursday, October 20, 2016

Saturday, September 24, 2016

Decent trail. Mostly flat. Pretty views. After doing it 3x now-has become a tad boring.

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Nice. Few people. Fairly flat. Would have been totally lost without the app.

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

moderately hilly, nice and shady.

Thursday, May 26, 2016

The blue trail is a great after work hike - not too long or difficult, but a nice evening workout.

Sunday, May 15, 2016

A great way to spend Sunday morning! I'd start early and just walk the trails....considering running the short one around the lake as well. If you're not hung up on specific trail routes and can figure out which way you're pointing, it's hard to get lost. I brought my All Trails app along and figured out which way I wanted to go. Planning to come back and explore more.