Washington Valley Park Trail is a 4.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Martinsville, New Jersey that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Nice and beautiful

this is an excellent mountain bike trail !

It’s a joke this trail is rated moderate. The red and white trails are essentially wheel chair accessible. All the trails are muddy and ripped to shreds by mountain bikers (probably a really great place to bike to be honest). Lots of switchbacks and not a lot of elevation gained. However there are nice views and the blue trail in particular is a pretty nice hike.

It’s a nice hike but pretty crowded and not much to see. The lake is a lot smaller then the map shows. Like I said a good hike but just not really worth the drive for nothing special.

Flat trail, most parts are wide enough for 2-3 people side by side. Can be very muddy especially on the west of Newman’ Lane.

There may or may not be cliff diving here and it may or may not be amazing. I want to be clear that I am NOT saying you should jump off any cliffs but you totally should...

Did a good portion of the orange trail. Was a good work-out, with rocky trails, and good amount of ups and downs. Takes you high above the one waterfall. I was curious, as a new hiker and someone new to this park, how the orange trail compares to the others.

Great hike. Was here the Saturday after the nor'easter storm. Could not complete the red loop to many downed trees. But, there was evidence that the trail was being cleared - to many trees down for a quick fix. Will be back to try again!

Trail currently closed due to construction

beautiful !

A little wet from the rain but otherwise trails were good. Controlled burn on white rock side is complete.

Saturday, October 28, 2017

I went here because of this App and I have to say I was beyond impressed. I can't wait until next Spring. I took lots of great pictures during this visit.

Saturday, September 16, 2017

Awesome! A little wet in some spots, but overall a good day.

Friday, September 08, 2017

We started on the red trail to the lake. Fortunately we had the AllTrails map to navigate our location as the trails were often poorly marked and turned without warning. We were on a busy road for a stretch at the end of the lake before continuing on a closed trail due to an incomplete bridge and crossing through the mud. The white trail continued on the other side of the lake and again we had to use navigation to ensure we stayed on track to return to the parking lot. The blue trail is a nice second loop across the road and is much better marked but still had to use the app a few times to ensure we didn't make a wrong turn. Overall a great day, small elevation climbs and nice trails.

Thursday, August 24, 2017

not a road bike trail at all

Saturday, August 05, 2017

Some parts consist of heavy noise from local traffic and the nearby quarry. No difficult paths, definitely a starters trail.

Saturday, July 22, 2017

The park is discontinuous and there were some sections under construction but not mentioned at the trailhead which complicated making a full loop. Broken glass was all over so bringing our dog was risky and I wouldn't do it again. There were certainly a few nice parts. If the place was cleaned up and better marked, the trail would be a 3-4 stars.

Wednesday, July 05, 2017

Good trail.

Sunday, July 02, 2017

Good Hike. The level is moderate. We did the red dot. It has a moderate traffic.

Sunday, July 02, 2017

The red trail is easy. Share is also shared with mountain bikes which can be a problem. Just keep an eye out so that you don't get run over.

Saturday, June 10, 2017

Great trail to bring your dogs; easy terrain and soothing views.

Friday, May 12, 2017

It's a really nice place to go and there a many different options and ways. I had there a nice walk with friends.

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Best mountain biking in the state. You can find trail maps at the newmanns lane parking lot. more trails in this valley than you can hike or bike in a day(many of them not mapped). Middle brook trail follows the river. most people think it ends at crim fields but if you go through the fields and cross the street you go behind the school and the trail picks up again.

Thursday, October 20, 2016

Saturday, September 24, 2016

Decent trail. Mostly flat. Pretty views. After doing it 3x now-has become a tad boring.

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Nice. Few people. Fairly flat. Would have been totally lost without the app.

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

moderately hilly, nice and shady.

Thursday, May 26, 2016

The blue trail is a great after work hike - not too long or difficult, but a nice evening workout.

Sunday, May 15, 2016

A great way to spend Sunday morning! I'd start early and just walk the trails....considering running the short one around the lake as well. If you're not hung up on specific trail routes and can figure out which way you're pointing, it's hard to get lost. I brought my All Trails app along and figured out which way I wanted to go. Planning to come back and explore more.

Thursday, March 10, 2016

My favorite trail for a easy hike. I always come in from Newman's lane and walk along the lake up to the quarry, then around the back to the parking lot. The one time I crossed Newman's lane, I ended up walking down the Middlebrook Trail until it abruptly ended. This place is my absolute favorite, and I usually end up hiking here once a week when the weather is nice. Both sides of this trail are lovely and relatively easy to walk.