Washington Valley Park Trail

Washington Valley Park Trail is a 5.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Martinsville, New Jersey that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

I went here because of this App and I have to say I was beyond impressed. I can't wait until next Spring. I took lots of great pictures during this visit.

Awesome! A little wet in some spots, but overall a good day.

We started on the red trail to the lake. Fortunately we had the AllTrails map to navigate our location as the trails were often poorly marked and turned without warning. We were on a busy road for a stretch at the end of the lake before continuing on a closed trail due to an incomplete bridge and crossing through the mud. The white trail continued on the other side of the lake and again we had to use navigation to ensure we stayed on track to return to the parking lot. The blue trail is a nice second loop across the road and is much better marked but still had to use the app a few times to ensure we didn't make a wrong turn. Overall a great day, small elevation climbs and nice trails.

not a road bike trail at all

Some parts consist of heavy noise from local traffic and the nearby quarry. No difficult paths, definitely a starters trail.

The park is discontinuous and there were some sections under construction but not mentioned at the trailhead which complicated making a full loop. Broken glass was all over so bringing our dog was risky and I wouldn't do it again. There were certainly a few nice parts. If the place was cleaned up and better marked, the trail would be a 3-4 stars.