Tillman Ravine Trail

Tillman Ravine Trail is a 1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Layton, New Jersey and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

One of my favorite places in stokes state forest. Beautiful views of the gorge. The rocks that lead down to the creek are deceptively slippery.

Short hike but enjoyable. Nice scenery .

I was following the signs to Buttermilk Falls but there was a gate across the road near the cemetery. I parked there and walked up to these falls. They are only about a quarter mile in from there and an easy hike.

Cool little trail. Was very easy to park and hike.

great trail. Creek was a little low so it was just a trickle and I missed the loop because the trail wasn't marked that well. but I ended up by the cemetery which was a nice surprise. made for cool photos.

Saturday, May 28, 2016

I must have missed the loop part of this but I hiked down to the cemetery and back. It was so awesome checking out the old gravestones (pre civil war!!!!!). Took some great pictures as well. Nice quick hike!

Wednesday, March 02, 2016

Great easy hike near Tillman Ravine. The trail follows the ravine for the most part. Easy park and walk.

Monday, August 10, 2015

Beautiful easy hike! At the falls there are a few small pools to cool off or take a break.

Sunday, April 05, 2015

Definitely not the most exciting or lengthy trail, but for an hour or two of walking and picture-taking, it is worth the hike into the ravine. The ravine can be slippery at points, as there are a few bridges and rock crossings, along with the steep climb in and out.

Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Monday, September 15, 2014

Beautiful hike! Perfect just the right distance for us retired folks wanting to get back into hiking.

Sunday, September 02, 2012

Great, easy, scenic and short hike.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Nice short day hike. We took our two dogs on this trail and they loved it. There are two parking areas for Tillman Ravine. It doesn't matter which one you choose, but make sure you check out the posted trail map. The main perimeter trail is marked with a vertical white rectangle. I would recommend following this trail, but take a detour out to the cemetery. There are some wonderful old gravestones to check out. The trail itself is beautiful. Enjoy!

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Came to the trail for the two Geocaches along it. It is a nice short trail that can be hiked with kids in a reasonable amount of time. We are taking a bunch of cub scouts down the trail next weekend as well.

Tuesday, September 07, 2010

We didnt the full loop. Just stop here after the Monument Trail hike and on tne way to Buttermilk Falls.