Terrace Pond

Terrace Pond is a 4.8 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Hewitt, New Jersey that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and cross country skiing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

from route 23 take clinton rd for 7.5 miles to the parking

I hiked this trail two times this summer. Once in early June which was easily 5 stars, and once in late August, which was 1 star. Over the course of the summer the kids destroy this trail. Very sad actually. You can party and be stupid, and still respect nature.

5 stars for the trail, Negative a million for Humanity :/

The dirtiest most disgusting trail I've ever seen in my entire life!!! Local people just can't keep this place clean!!!!

Great hike and views. Just wish people would clean up after themselves.

Pond was refreshing - keep an eye out for snakes

Boardwalks over wet areas need better maintenance since the wet summer created quite a bit of muckiness. Trails are well marked and rocky with some strenuous climbing. Exquisite views of the skyline and the pond from rocky outlooks. People need to haul out their trash!!

The trail has been trashed by kids that go up to party and go cliff jumping. There's broken glass all over the place, old clothes lying around, and the smell of old cheap beer is everywhere at the top. Don't get me wrong I love to party and have a good time but if you hike for the soul purpose to enjoy the beauty of nature then you will not have a good time on this trail. It felt like I was at a water park full of people who have no respect for nature. This place needs to be cleaned up! Here's two stars for the exercise I got.

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Hiked to Terrace Pond from Stephen's Road off of Union Valley. The way we did it too we were able to hike around the entire lake as well. Such a nice relaxing place and even got to go cliff jumping which is always fun.

Friday, November 25, 2016

Friday, November 04, 2016

Very beautiful hike. Brought my dog, who is relatively experienced when it comes to climbing the rocks but this trail had some very difficult parts for even us to get up. We had to find an alternate route at one point to get back on the trail because it was dangerous to try to get my pup up the incline. There was also a ton of broken glass, which also worried me (We were on the blue trail FYI). Other than that, the trails were clearly marked. And the views were gorgeous.

Friday, August 19, 2016

Overall a nice hike. Not too difficult, but definitely not easy. I've done this hike a few times a year for 10 years and the one problem I have is that its getting way too crowded. I love jumping into terrace pond, but now it just seems like there are too many people up there to hang out and get in the way. time to find a new cliff jumping spot.

Sunday, August 07, 2016

Awesome time there! Cliff jumped and hung out at the cliff!

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Friday, July 15, 2016

Great hike. Would definitely recommend it. Once you get to the top,where the pond is at, some cliff jumping is a must. Water felt great even on a nice cool day.