Terrace Pond

Terrace Pond is a 4.8 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Hewitt, New Jersey that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and cross country skiing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

from route 23 take clinton rd for 7.5 miles to the parking

Hiked to Terrace Pond from Stephen's Road off of Union Valley. The way we did it too we were able to hike around the entire lake as well. Such a nice relaxing place and even got to go cliff jumping which is always fun.

Very beautiful hike. Brought my dog, who is relatively experienced when it comes to climbing the rocks but this trail had some very difficult parts for even us to get up. We had to find an alternate route at one point to get back on the trail because it was dangerous to try to get my pup up the incline. There was also a ton of broken glass, which also worried me (We were on the blue trail FYI). Other than that, the trails were clearly marked. And the views were gorgeous.

Overall a nice hike. Not too difficult, but definitely not easy. I've done this hike a few times a year for 10 years and the one problem I have is that its getting way too crowded. I love jumping into terrace pond, but now it just seems like there are too many people up there to hang out and get in the way. time to find a new cliff jumping spot.

Awesome time there! Cliff jumped and hung out at the cliff!

Great hike. Would definitely recommend it. Once you get to the top,where the pond is at, some cliff jumping is a must. Water felt great even on a nice cool day.

I've been hiking this trail for years. it definitely is a loop if you follow the markers properly. you go off the blue onto white and red for a bit by the lake. if you want to make the hike shorter start another half mile up at the pipe line and you'll cut out about 20 minutes of walking which is nice when you're short on time since the beginning is the easiest part anyway.

An absolutely perfect hiking trail... Its a tough as can be hike with beautiful scenery and a perfectly places lake right on top of the mountain... Its one hell of a workout...

A perfect moderate hike with good inclines...not a complete circle though we had to back track from where we came

Great hike with little obstacles! Follow the markers to a great place for cliff jumping! Watch for bears and snapper turtles!

geocaching