Spring Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Learn more

Ted Stiles Preserve at Baldpate Mountain

moderate(311)
Titusville, New Jersey

Ted Stiles Preserve at Baldpate Mountain is a 7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Titusville, New Jersey that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 7.0 miles Elevation Gain: 1,062 feet Route Type: Loop

NOTE: Park is closed for hiking Wed-Sat during winter for firearm hunting. The Ted Stiles Preserve stretches across almost 1,800 acres of a ridge running roughly east-west, between Fiddlers Creek Road to the south and Pleasant Valley Road to the north. Baldpate Mountain offers some of the most extensive and rugged walking in Mercer County. Some old logging roads and some specially built trails lace the southern and northern flanks of the ridge, and a 2-mile trail runs along its spine. There are great views of the Delaware River to the south, historic farmland to the north, and on clear days the Philadelphia skyline to the southwest. Ruins of a 19th century settlement and scattered farms can be found on or near some of the Baldpate trails. Most trails involve climbing or descending. Some sections of trail may be wet and muddy. Some trails include steep stone steps, which require a moderate degree of caution. None of the trails are paved.

flooded

flooded

Raining - better than a sound machine!

Very cool trail but I could only complete about half because AllTrails seemed to be off.

Lots of good tail conditions, not all, but I got off trail a couple times trying to follow parts of this route. One backside trail section really for bikers only. Nice walking, lots of grades as other noted.

Good challenge, lots of uphill and downhill paths.

did 7 miles today. most of the white trail was very muddy and slick. Still a great day and trail to hike, just wear boots.

Nice day. Very muddy especially in the beginning.

Great trails in the woods. Not a lot of views as the woods are pretty dense. Nothing is paved and most trails are narrow deer-like paths or ATV-like trails.

Good trail and workout. The paths are pretty rocky in places and in the beginning you have to climb up about two flights worth of large rocks. My dog is no mountain goat, so I had to help her up some of the rocks that were too tall.

This trail is great 5/5 will def take again. Will be rough on hands if no gloves. Def helmet

The first bit is rocky. It’s all well maintained trail. It’s a good idea to have the map handy because there are a lot of trails to turn off onto. Some lead to dead ends and some cut through the trail.

This is a good trail for anyone who lives locally. It’s mostly densely wooded areas with a few open grassy areas. There’s a few nice hills and a small stretch of rocky trail at the beginning with a decent view but nothing to write home about. I don’t think I would go back again only because it was an hour drive for us. If I lived within a 30 minute drive or less I might hike there regularly but I don’t think it’s worth it otherwise.

It started off flat and rocky and then whoa baby. I had to climb rocks ... like two sets of them. I’m a beginner hiker so this was something I never had to do. BUT I DID IT. And it was great. Anyhow, got to the meadow and it was pretty dope. I was little confused about which way to go after that because if I stayed on the trail map that put me in places that had “no trespassing” signs. Nah, son. Besides that, it was a great hike!