Stokes Select Trail via Appalachian Trail

Stokes Select Trail via Appalachian Trail is a 13.9 mile loop trail located near Branchville, New Jersey that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

1922 feet

I parked in the Culver's Gap lot to start this loop because I didn't want to walk across Route 206. Went up the AT for a few miles to the Brown/Red Trail. Then took the Red Trail all the way to Stony Lake. The rest of the loop is mostly on paved roads and a portion of Route 206 which is a very busy road. I avoided a section of 206 by taking part of Lackner Trail and an unmarked path past a small pond. I would likely avoid the paved portion if I took this loop again and instead take the Blue Trail near Stony Lake back to Sunrise Mountain Road and the parking area.
Some nice views along the AT. This hike will take around 6 hours depending on how long you rest.

Monday, June 27, 2016

Monday, August 24, 2015

I love this trail because it's very local to me and it is a part of the AT. I've done this a bunch of times but never used this app.

Started at the small parking lot on the border of Hampton Township @ W. Owassa Turnpike (right near 521). Crosses 206 and continues up to Sunrise Mt. Pavilion.

Really great views of Kittatinny lake and Gyps haha. Great spot to start to hike up to Sunrise Mountain. Not too much incline but a pretty good workout for the distance. I accidentally paused the recording of this hike.

**Be wary of snakes sunning themselves on some of the rocks here. I've seen rattle snakes here on two separate occasions.**

Sunday, July 05, 2015