Sparta Glen Lake Trail

Sparta Glen Lake Trail is a 1.1 mile loop trail located near Sparta, New Jersey that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from February until October.

Its a nice trail. While i needed to take my time because I am not in shape, it was worth it. Nice that there are 3 different levels of challenge. Wonderful view from top

Beautiful surroundings! Great path for a nice short hike!

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

The trail was ok, and the views were great. I don't think I did the full loop correctly, started on the blue trail, went to the top and then connected to yellow/green on the way down. Finished on the blue.

Edit: Went back and did the trail again a second time, and I still managed to get screwed up between the different paths. Apparently blue turns into green and green takes you to the top of the mountain. The markers on the trail are very confusing - they have large gaps between them at times which makes them hard to find, especially when they're crossing over another path. Its definitely not my favourite trail for this reason, but it has the pro of being close to home going for it.

I didn't see a single other person on the mountain, though there were some in the parking lot that appeared to be leaving when I arrived (around 6pm).

Tuesday, March 15, 2016