Allaire Orange Trail

Allaire Orange Trail is a 5.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Allenwood, New Jersey that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 5.7 miles Elevation Gain: 347 feet Route Type: Loop

Pleasant, easy walk through some scenic woods This entire hike follows the Orange Trail. Catch it beyond the kiosk at the west end of the parking lot and stay right. You need to play very close attention, as the trail is not blazed well in places and there are numerous unmarked trails in the area. The blazes actually look red much of the time. The Orange Trail soon joins with the White Trail and together they pass a golf course on the right. White Trail leaves to left. Continue northwest on Orange. It reaches a stream and turns southwest, following the stream for a while. It joins the Blue Trail, then leaves it as the Orange Trail turns south. The Orange joins the Blue Trail again for a short distance, but continues southeast while the Blue Trail leave to the left. The trail then skirts a gravel pit and you're back in the parking lot shortly afterward.

hiked the orange Trail today 5.7 Miles by the map that I got from the Allaire State Park ranger's office was very helpful seems like the blazes are better than they were in the beginning of the season Trailways good not bad did this on a rainy day checking out new gear thumbs up on the gear and that's all from walking with William

Trail seems great for mountain biking but definitely wasn’t found of this trail for hiking. Lots of sandy slopes meant for bikes and ramps and jumps. Wouldn’t recommend for people on foot.

big portion of this orange Trail found it to be very nice shaded a well-conditioned and well blazed a map is a good idea to have and I noticed there were none at the trailhead area for the parking so you can get them at Allaire State Park office anyway took the orange trail to the white Trail in the way Trail back to the orange Trail and back to the parking lot very enjoyable hike 2.6 Mi looking forward to do the orange Trail next stay happy keep hiking and this is walking with Williams report

Multiple parts of trail unmarked, scenic, thanks to to the app we didn’t get lost. Largely used by bikers. Wide and narrow, good hills but not too difficult.

Smooth path with ride scenery that starts at Allaire Village.

nice variety of terrain, well maintained.

One of my favorite local trails to ride and hike on. I’ve been going here for over twenty years. Good footing for the most part with plenty of opportunities on side trails to lengthen or shorten your ride or add a little more challenge. Lots of hills here. Some can be quite steep. There are some sweeping views up by the high tension wires. In June the mountain laurel is gorgeous. There are always lots of mountain bikers on the trail. They are nearly all courteous and friendly to hikers and equestrians. The biker community here will take others to task if they are not riding safely. If you’re riding on four hoofs instead of two wheels do your best to desensitize your horse to bikes before you come here. Also don’t hog the trail. I always move my horse over when I can to let bikers pass me and let people pet my horse. It’s a privilege to ride here and everyone needs to be good citizens and ambassadors for their sport.

Not for beginners, the paths are narrow but the mountain bikers are nice enough to warn you if they are coming up behind you to pass by. But you would have to walk into a bush to allow them by so wear bug spray and check for ticks when you are done. Be wary of roots throughout the whole time. Great trails for working up a sweat in the summer.

Started the recording a little late into the hike. Not much variety of scenery but good ratio of incline/decline through out. A lot of ticks.. wear long socks/pants if possible

Crazy amount of ticks

Fun hike, little sketchy with the blazes, but overall one of the best trails in the area for hiking and training.

Went yesterday for the first time. I will be there everyday of the week. Trails are fun for sure.

I would rate this as a five star area to ride except I've been to some truly epic areas. That being said it was relatively close to where I used to live and one of my favorite spots. Lots of connecting trails so you can get creative with your loops. Generally more bikers than hikers. You will also come across horseback riders. Courtousy is key. I usually dismount when I come across horses and slow down and ring my bell for hikers. The trails aren't very difficult but they're fast and fun. Down by the river can get pretty muddy and slick at times.

Long trail. Lots of mountain bikers. The All Trails map does not follow the blazed Orange trail. Smooth mostly sandy paths that are tight. Wooded with pines and oaks. The trail overlooks the Manasquan river. Nice scenic view on the back end now that trees are leafless. Bikers we're courtious. Wish dog owners would clean up after their pets. Several piles on the paths.

I rated a 2 to for hiking. If I was mountain biking it would be a 4 And without mountain bikes coming up behind me it would be a four for hiking as well. From my experience even on a weekday the mountain bikers have no respect for people hiking and come up right behind you and then announce , behind you, heads up, to the left. Watch out. Not fun

As friendly and courteous as all the mountain bikers are, these paths are not. Narrow paths are not made to be shared and you constantly will step to the side and wait for bikers to pass. The lack of proper blazes is also pretty maddening. I would happily get lost in the woods if there was anything really awesome to see, but alas, it's just your average forest.

Friday, May 25, 2018

So this trail is not necessarily “easy” i day this because it is very easy to get lost and confused. The trails intertwine with one another and the orange markings look yellow so just remember there is no yellow trail! It’s long and beautiful and my dog loved it. Lots of bikers so if you’re walking with a dog keep that in mind. Also, WEAR BUG SPRAY!!!! Tick galore and spider webs every 2 steps. But beautiful, private and great workout. I recommend.

Thursday, May 03, 2018

Easy is NOT! The NOT, is capitalized but is not meant as an angry expression. To me Manasquan Reservoir trail is easy. Is mostly one flat, wide, trail there. Allaire is not easy. Bring a map or a good app to guide you. You can and will get lost otherwise. I actually enjoyed my walk which felt more like hiking. First timers, be mindful of the terrain, you can easily twist an ankle. There is a lot of bike trails. Tried to follow the supposedly “easy” orange trail which shows on the Trail app. Took a wrong turn somewhere and ended up doing 4.5 miles instead of the 5.7 intended. Didn’t mind at all! I was so tired of the many turns and ups and down. At some point found a group of cyclists who were very mindful of the 54 years old coming at them in an up hill narrow trail. Thanks people for being so courteous! I wouldn’t bring children unless I was clear of the trail to follow and that it’s an easy one. Give it a tried. You might like it!

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

ABSOLULTY lovely trails with beautiful scenery and everyone comes with their dogs and its just the best

Sunday, January 21, 2018

Nice wooded trail. Many unmarked trails cross this trail. Make sure you check the GOS frequently to stay the course.

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Tuesday, November 28, 2017

One of my regular runs. Always nice

Wednesday, April 05, 2017

Monday, December 26, 2016

Nice..

Sunday, December 18, 2016

Wonderful Trail. Wear shoes that can get wet

Thursday, October 27, 2016

super fun, with small hills. well maintained

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Not really good for a running to pound miles footing not good for speed work. Good if you are a cross country runner. Have to watch footing at all times. Twist an ankle then your done for a while. I did feel feel good after accomplishing it although my pace only 14min mi like walking even though I was running!