Songbird Trail Loop is a 4.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Absecon, New Jersey that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

scenic driving

beach

This is a great trail, especially for South Jersey. There are several hills along the way which is a nice change from the normally flat trails in our area. You can easily take different routes to vary the distance. There are good views and lots of opportunities to see wildlife. We walk or run this several times per month from October to April. We avoid it the rest of the year as it is a favorite destination for biting insects, ticks, chiggers, etc. Highly recommended in the cooler months.

Love Songbird. it,s close to home,
has varied terrain, well marked, and has easy access bailout points. Like any trail, adaptation is a must. l did it a weak ago, hot summer day, no bug spray, shorts ; ever hear of chiggers ?
My Bad. I'm paying.
Pretty crafty how they managed to get such a nice trail fashioned into an area of reclaimed land, and made it look so natural. Good work.

scenic driving

summer bugs are horrendous. fall and winter, early spring are better for hikes. Alot of wildlife to catch a glimpse of, trail gets elevated quite often, nature center has some cool stuff. The wildlife drive is always nice, keep the windows up or else its greenhead nightmare!

$4 parking fee

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Wholy bugs! Tried to take the songbird trail and had to bail at about 3 miles. I had swords of bugs all over me from the first step out of my car all the way. It was so miserable. I couldn't stop to take pictures because every time I would get bit. I wish I could say it was nice but didn't really see anything because of the swords of bugs around me I couldn't get them off. Horrible wish I could have enjoyed the wildlife.

Wednesday, July 05, 2017

Awesome... bring plenty of bug protection...great trail but if I wasn't prepared it might of been my last hike... lol

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Great place to see some wildlife! Ticks are an issue, but overall a great walk.

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Great!

Saturday, June 21, 2014

I went in June and it was awful. I was swarmed by some type of biting fly and had to turn back after half of a mile.

Thursday, May 22, 2014

best place to bird without making an a big trip to Cape May!

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

White sandy gravel. Easy to navigate. View of atlantic city casinos for a little while. First 6 miles are wide open and flat, last 2 are wooded and slightly hilly. 2$ bike entry fee, $4 car fee. High wind resistance for 5-6 miles due to closeness to ocean.

Sunday, December 03, 2017