Six Mile Run Loop Trail

Six Mile Run Loop Trail is a 9.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Somerset, New Jersey that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

From the Rt. 27 parking Lot: Follow red trail, to orange, back to red (right on red) to Middlebush Road. Cross road, follow red. Turn left on white trail, cross wooden bridge and go straight up the hill at the 1st intersection. Follow the white to lot on Jaques Lane. Follow red from lot to rear corner where trail turns right, look left for an unmarked trail head. Follow to Canal Road (along water). Right on Canal Road (careful! Watch for traffic when exiting the trail onto Canal Road.) to lot on right. Look for blue trail head marker on your left when heading up the lots driveway, follow blue back into the red trail and then back to Middlebush Road. Cross Middlebush Road, follow red to orange, back into to red, to lot on Rt. 27.

fun

Great ride for beginners on up!

Not as well maintained as Nox but a nice ride all the same

I liked it, well marked and maintain trail.

Awesome spot if you're prepared!

The park name is misleading. I didn't dig deeper into the details of this trail beforehand because I assumed it was a 6 mile loop, a no-brainer. I wish I had. It's about 9 miles-ish and if you don't lookup how to make the blue trail a "loop" it becomes a straight line into the red trail. I had to back track quite a bit when I realized I was not going in a loop.

I didn't bring nearly enough water for my pup. But, now I know!

Super easy trail with a peaceful vibe. Will definitely go back!

It was not scenic as I expected and was not marked appropriately, so we got lost using the signs , a lot of garbage as well

Nice trail. Takes about 3 hours to complete the loop. Took the wife and the dogs. Pretty flat for the most part with a little bit of uphill in small doses. Your not going to be tho only ones out there but it doesn't feel crowded. Would definitely go there again

This has become my go to spot for local hiking but think it's well worth the trip for those who live further away. It's very peaceful and quaint despite not actually being far from busy rural areas. Feels like your further away from civilization than you actually are.
The trail itself offers varying degrees of terrain and scenery as well as varying degrees of difficulty.
Despite being a hotspot for mountain biking, it never feels crowded or highly trafficked.