Shark River Park Trails

Shark River Park Trails is a 4.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Wall Township, New Jersey that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is a great place with something for everyone. You can get lost sometimes as the markings aren't abundant, but it certainly gives an adventure!

Great walk. Forgot to record. Did the loop, hidden creek and Pine trail.

Part of Shark River Park is west of the Garden State Parkway which mostly runs along Shark River brook. At night there are a few flying tree squirrels in this very remote area. Shine a light at night into the 50 foot high oak and maple trees to see them. Also above the brook is a dirt road with hundreds of frogs and toads in the deep road puddles like your in Jurassic Park.

Keep heading further west behind the Tally Ho Restaurant and there is the former Blueberry Acres farm (mostly private property) that borders some of the park along the stream where there are still thousands of uncultivated blueberry bushes and trees which are still thriving.

There is also a section of Shark River Park east of Gully Road which is quite remote with about 500 acres on the south side of lower Shark River brook as you head east toward Remsen Mill Road. In this area sandstone outcropping formations appear here and there.

Really liked this park. Took the black diamond trail which was very nice then hooking up to the blue trail. There are some beautiful bridges and boardwalks here.

I liked it in the past but knowing the history now bums me out but a great park

I liked it in the past but knowing the history now bums me out but a great park

Little wet on Hidden Creek. But passable. Beautiful day walked 3 1/2.

I live near by. I walk here as much as possible . Mostly the Hidden Creek Trail and I add in the the Pine trail. I think I have walked all of the marked trails. I have been tempted to go off on some of the unmarked trails but haven't . I consider myself lucky to live so close.