Shark River Park Trails

Shark River Park Trails is a 4.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Wall Township, New Jersey that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is a great place with something for everyone. There's always something new to see or a part of a trail we haven't explored yet. You can get lost sometimes as the markings aren't abundant, but it certainly gives an adventure! If you want to stay on easy trails and not go too deep in this doesn't happen. Great for kids, trail running, etc.

Little wet on Hidden Creek. But passable. Beautiful day walked 3 1/2.

I live near by. I walk here as much as possible . Mostly the Hidden Creek Trail and I add in the the Pine trail. I think I have walked all of the marked trails. I have been tempted to go off on some of the unmarked trails but haven't . I consider myself lucky to live so close.

What a pleasant surprise. I live so close to this park, but never visited until today. I debated upon two trails to hike - Hidden Creek and/or Pine Hills. The Hidden Creek trail was muddy, but the sea of skunk cabbage upon the wooden bridge made it worthwhile. I came upon a trail jogger who suggested to continue on to Pine Hills. Pine Hills trail is like its name and such a great hiking experience. As I approached the top, I spotted a camel colored fox in the distance. I wish I had my camera ready, but he disappeared just as quickly. On the downhill loop, I came across a man made balancing rock structure. Such an unexpected surprise and I placed my rock on it to symbolize I was there too. I will return and I hope to finish the rest of the trails, but today was a good beginning.

Easy hike. Very sparse traffic.

My wife and I really enjoyed this hike. It has little hills that break up the usually flat jersey hikes. We will be visiting again