Round Valley Reservoir Loop

Round Valley Reservoir Loop is a 11.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Lebanon, New Jersey that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

The full Round Valley loop is a mixed bag. Except for the long road portion that you can’t get around, in cool weather with turned or fallen leaves it’s one of the state’s ten best hikes. But summer, with ticks, heat, snakes, seasonal trail closures, and a crappy road walk, it’s a long slog to avoid.

I went here solo based on reviews and the GPS coordinates take you to the boat ramp. You must have a fishing or boating license to enter and all the trails are closed at this section May-September? I had to go to the main park and it costs $20 if you are from PA, $10 from NJ! The trail is called something else in the park and is not a total loop. I figured it would feature tons of views of the reservoir, it didn’t. There were two spots very close to the beginning that featured great views. I hiked about half of the total trail so maybe it gets better. It was a nice quiet, shady, trail and after the sweaty hike I got to take a dip in the water at the “beach”. I’m still not sure it was worth $20

Solid trail. Didn't love that a decent portion was on road, but I got that out of the way first. Heads up that the last little bit is actually closed, but you can make your way across by going over the boulders by the lake. Nice that it was in the shade for the most part during the summer!

wonderful trail for bike riding

It is 10.3 miles and 1600 feet of climbing. Great course. I did it after snow storm and it was a lot of fun “little bit challenging but that is what we MTB like it” Highly recommended

Awesome trail

Ok, am confused. We went about five miles in from South lot. Then we took a very close look at loop. Looks like it goes back across water?? Didn’t want to chance the last five with a prospect of doing 20 or so and wife killing me. Any feedback? Does the loop close by taking walk on road back to South lot??

Sunday, August 06, 2017

Beautiful clean trails. Lots of side trails to make this a longer loop if you want. I totaled 17 miles without repeating any trails. The last 2 miles are on road.

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

This trail is one way 11 miles...

recorded wow