Rocky Point Loop Trail

Rocky Point Loop Trail is a 2.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Rumson, New Jersey that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is a very good spot to hike. If your looking for a short and simple yet soothing and rewarding then you have found the spot. This is my 4th hike I have ever done so im an amateur but i highly recommend checking this spot out, the ending is gorgeous.

Small beach is quite nice after some trailing.

Beautiful

Nice, quiet trail. Steep and rocky at points with tree roots jutting out so be careful! Watch out for bikers. A few view points of the river.

Great short hike for good healthy work out. Watch out for the mountain bikes though. My wife and I have hiked this trail in every season. Nice in snow as in the summer. Many views of the rivers and the ocean over the barrier island. Enjoy

Easy, paved trail. One small incline. This trail is stroller friendly and offers a nice view of Sandy Hook and the ocean beyond.

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Awesome fall scenery and beautiful waterfront visits by Naversink and Shrewsbury Rivers. Moderate levels on nicely developed paths.

Thursday, August 04, 2016

Relaxing. Pretty easy. A few steep areas but for the most part a safe and simple-to-follow path. Great views of the Navesink River.

Tuesday, December 08, 2015

Hartshorne is a fun place, it's the only park close by that has woods and hills with ocean views. I live in Monmouth County and generally drive up to two hours to reach challenging hikes, but when I'm crunched for time Hartshorne is a good fall back. You will see lots of mountain bikes, so be alert and ready to step aside. I know hikers have the right of way, but you can't possible expect a biker to be able to stop on a dime! Because of the MBs, the talks are really packed and easy to wall.

Monday, May 25, 2015

Great. 2 military battery's and a bunker. Also nice quiet hike with decent elevation gains

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Although I haven't hiked All the Parks in Monmouth Co. This is the most demanding. You can do a 7 mile loop with some decent elevation gains for being on the shore. And it's share of rocks on the Black Diamond trail & Grand Touring sections. My favorite local hike!!!

Thursday, February 16, 2012

One of the best places to mountain bike in NJ.

Sunday, September 11, 2011

My wife and I hiked the Laurel Ridge trail combined with the Grand Tour Black diamond trail.
The only blaze markings are at the trail heads or intersections, but we where able to navigate oK.
This trail is a little more demanding once you get to the Grand Tour section,
Overall a great park that accommodates the hiking lifestyle.
Highly recomended. We will be back again

Friday, July 18, 2014

4 stars just wasn't up to par, I don't know if this is the BEST trail but it is my favorite. I love that there is something for all, easy or moderate and black diamond trails. Even if you aren't great with trail markers (yours truly) there seem to be a lot of intersecting trails, or side trails that bring you to another trail. "Sometimes"I just ignore the markers (read "pretty much always") but in my opinion there's no better park to wander through.