Ringwood Manor Trail

Ringwood Manor Trail is a 3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Ringwood, New Jersey that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice 3 mike walking trail, with a few creeks to jump over... almost went off the trail a few times tho!

My daughter and I did this with a lot of snow on the ground. Because of that, I suspect it wasn’t as easy as noted. We had to find detours around paths covered in water. The loop was closer to almost 4 miles because of that. Even still, we loved it, though I had some scary moments crossing water.

Nice easy trail and well marked. A bit wet/muddy in spots but we had a lot of rain the previous day but wear good hiking boots to keep dry. I took two of my kids and they handled it fine. Also $5 to get in for NJ residents and $7 for out of state.

A fun easy hike, although did come across a mommy bear and two babies which was scary and a little while later another bear! Stay alert, especially this time of the year!

Thursday, November 17, 2016