Rancocas State Park Loop

Rancocas State Park Loop is a 4.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Hainesport, New Jersey that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Well marked, lightly used trails through a variety of ecosystems. Be aware that bugs can be plentiful throughout the spring and summer.

It's been years since I have been here, my once favorite hiking spot in the area. Unfortunately this place changed my life and my husbands life for the worst. We both got Lyme disease from ticks from these woods. Him once, me twice. I have been unable to be cured and must live with this for the rest of my life. Despite taking all proper precautions we were both infected. Please be very aware of the very real risk of Lyme. We still hike all over the state and have never gotten Lyme or even found ticks on us from other parks.

was just slightly moderate yet fun. lightly trafficked. only problem was car noise from highways.

Simple, very welcoming. Got a nice bike trail.

Longer trail takes you along the creek and it's very nice views and easy to follow well marked trail. Some area of the trail have a slightly steep climb but it's very manageable. My pet on the leach led the way and never got off the trail. Plenty of wonderful points to enjoy the scenery.

Dog friendly trail to work out the day's activities. Clean, trail well marked, no obstructions . Wide enough to accommodate a number of family member/ people comfortably. Wood structure to cross small creek. Very well kept.

Was a beautiful autumn day and enjoyed this park. However, Thank God for this app cause I got off the path quit a few times. Parts of trail that was evident of a trail (the ground) were marked but then you hit a lot of splits & no markings in the split. I had to guess based on app & still ended up in wrong direction or a path that wasn't really a trail. Could use better/closer markings to distinguish direction. I eventually ran into the Nature Museum & can see if you enter thru there & just do the small trails they have around there for families it's well marked. If you are hiking the main "RSP" (museum people kept saying the Indian Reservation side) then keep eye on app for map & your location. All in all it was a nice scenic hike w/a moderate terrain on a crisp day. I thought drawback was having to keep my phone in hand the whole time. I would consider coming again when I have times I'm not feeling like the drive to the Water Gap but thinking it's worth drive cause even those mountainous trails are marked better.

I liked it here. We only ran into 1 hunter & 1 group going fishing. It was pretty secluded. There were some short uphills, roots, & narrow trails in some spots. But I'm a beginner and pretty much out of shape & I handled it fine. :-)