Rancocas State Park Loop

Rancocas State Park Loop is a 4.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Hainesport, New Jersey that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Well marked, lightly used trails through a variety of ecosystems. Be aware that bugs can be plentiful throughout the spring and summer.

Lovely trail, too overgrown in a lot of parts.

Nice Single track with rocks, roots and tree obstacles to jump over.

we like this trail it's close to home and it has some things to climb over . it's a fun hike and it's pretty.

The trail itself is well marked but is very overgrown. Be sure to wear long pants and long sleeve shirt as there was a lot of poison ivy/oak on the ground. Bugs are horrendous in the summer. My family and I liked the actual trail and the length is great for an afternoon outing. I would like to try it again in the fall when the bugs are not so overwhelming. Bonus...there is a really interesting abandoned log house structure on the blue trail. Despite my internet searches, I couldn't find much about it but am sure there is a story to be told.

STAY AWAY. This is a flea and tick infested place. My dog and I went on a hike for an hour and a half. By the time we got back to the car, my shirt had about 3 ticks. As soon as I got home, I could feel my body tingling. I ripped my clothes off and was covered with about 6 more ticks. The best part, I took my dog a bath and found a total of 31 ticks. I'm currently combing through her hair to find more.

My favorite place to walk and hike. Tough on bugs in the summer

The nature trail was generally well marked. The overwhelming swarms of biting flies and mosquitos made for an unenjoyable morning. Not sure if that is typical for the area.

Saw 4 deer!

nice 3.2 mile loop. You can start at the parking lot or at the entrance to the park (trail head is on your right after the state park sign, this entrance also follows the mile markers so you can follow the distance). nice and scenic with a good portion stretching along a river. Cool, creepy abandoned house towards the end. great place for pictures and to get away if you don't have very much time

It's been years since I have been here, my once favorite hiking spot in the area. Unfortunately this place changed my life and my husbands life for the worst. We both got Lyme disease from ticks from these woods. Him once, me twice. I have been unable to be cured and must live with this for the rest of my life. Despite taking all proper precautions we were both infected. Please be very aware of the very real risk of Lyme. We still hike all over the state and have never gotten Lyme or even found ticks on us from other parks.

was just slightly moderate yet fun. lightly trafficked. only problem was car noise from highways.

Simple, very welcoming. Got a nice bike trail.

Thursday, November 03, 2016

Longer trail takes you along the creek and it's very nice views and easy to follow well marked trail. Some area of the trail have a slightly steep climb but it's very manageable. My pet on the leach led the way and never got off the trail. Plenty of wonderful points to enjoy the scenery.

Saturday, October 29, 2016

Dog friendly trail to work out the day's activities. Clean, trail well marked, no obstructions . Wide enough to accommodate a number of family member/ people comfortably. Wood structure to cross small creek. Very well kept.

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Was a beautiful autumn day and enjoyed this park. However, Thank God for this app cause I got off the path quit a few times. Parts of trail that was evident of a trail (the ground) were marked but then you hit a lot of splits & no markings in the split. I had to guess based on app & still ended up in wrong direction or a path that wasn't really a trail. Could use better/closer markings to distinguish direction. I eventually ran into the Nature Museum & can see if you enter thru there & just do the small trails they have around there for families it's well marked. If you are hiking the main "RSP" (museum people kept saying the Indian Reservation side) then keep eye on app for map & your location. All in all it was a nice scenic hike w/a moderate terrain on a crisp day. I thought drawback was having to keep my phone in hand the whole time. I would consider coming again when I have times I'm not feeling like the drive to the Water Gap but thinking it's worth drive cause even those mountainous trails are marked better.

Tuesday, October 04, 2016

I liked it here. We only ran into 1 hunter & 1 group going fishing. It was pretty secluded. There were some short uphills, roots, & narrow trails in some spots. But I'm a beginner and pretty much out of shape & I handled it fine. :-)

Monday, September 26, 2016

My 6 year old son and I went biking down this trail today and it was a challenge. Many roots and obstacles and overgrown in areas. We're not too experienced with biking so I don't think I'll be using this trail for that again... but it was a beautiful area with great views. It gave you a very private and secluded feeling that was very peaceful... but it sure kicked our mountain biking butts!

Saturday, August 06, 2016

I did a mix of the green, white, blue, yellow, and orange trails coupled with deer trails. About 6 miles. Nice area, nice trails, but keep a lookout for ticks. I had two of them after my hike.

Thursday, July 07, 2016

Summary: Beware of TICKS on less-used paths!!!

There is a surprisingly rugged trail blazed with bright green markings along the west side of the park that can be used for mountain biking. It's pretty fun if you have some experience, but there's places where you can wipe out, so safety gear is a must.

Also note that this less-used trail gets rather overgrown in the summer. Long pants and protective glasses are a MUST!! If you decide to use this path when it's overgrown, check often for ticks! I checked myself almost every five minutes and had flicked off six of them after a 45-minute excursion.

Since the trail is accessible year-round, you may want to avoid it in the summertime. Besides these caveats, it's a fun little excursion. Probably not worth traveling for, but great if you live in the area.

Monday, June 13, 2016

Very nice trail and worth a short drive to get there, just be sure to bring a bandana and some deet.