Rancocas State Park Loop

Rancocas State Park Loop is a 4.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Hainesport, New Jersey that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Well marked, lightly used trails through a variety of ecosystems. Be aware that bugs can be plentiful throughout the spring and summer.

1 hour ago

The trail itself is well marked but is very overgrown. Be sure to wear long pants and long sleeve shirt as there was a lot of poison ivy/oak on the ground. Bugs are horrendous in the summer. My family and I liked the actual trail and the length is great for an afternoon outing. I would like to try it again in the fall when the bugs are not so overwhelming. Bonus...there is a really interesting abandoned log house structure on the blue trail. Despite my internet searches, I couldn't find much about it but am sure there is a story to be told.

STAY AWAY. This is a flea and tick infested place. My dog and I went on a hike for an hour and a half. By the time we got back to the car, my shirt had about 3 ticks. As soon as I got home, I could feel my body tingling. I ripped my clothes off and was covered with about 6 more ticks. The best part, I took my dog a bath and found a total of 31 ticks. I'm currently combing through her hair to find more.

My favorite place to walk and hike. Tough on bugs in the summer

The nature trail was generally well marked. The overwhelming swarms of biting flies and mosquitos made for an unenjoyable morning. Not sure if that is typical for the area.

Saw 4 deer!