Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Rancocas State Park Loop

Rancocas State Park Loop is a 4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Hainesport Township, New Jersey that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Well marked, lightly used trails through a variety of ecosystems. Be aware that bugs can be plentiful throughout the spring and summer.

recorded Rancocas State Park Loop

closed

One of my more favorite trails in the area. Great variety between river views, creeks, meadow and forest. Not difficult but need to pay attention to trail markers as they are at times confusing. I will certainly walk this trail again.

my favorite local trail.

markings a little confusing but super pretty and lots of deer

Overall a relatively easy and enjoyable trail - a nice mix of walking through forest and walking around the lake. As other reviewers said, trails are NOT well marked and we took the wrong path a few times. I would rate this as an easy hike -- maybe "moderate" due to the confusing trail markers - but good trail to bring along young kids, beginner hikers, etc.

Unsure if the leave or poorly marked Trail was the reason, but we may have got a little of trail (aka lost) but it was terrible! Lot of nice views, friendly hikers helped point us in the correct direction. All and all a good day! Only advice is pay attention to the trail markers!!

No bugs Nov 1 and the foliage was lovely

Trail not marked very well. Still a nice trail especially along the water.

Very overgrown and lots of bugs but very beautiful! We had some trouble finding the 4 mile loop trail.

Improperly marked trails that changed colors without warning, really narrow trails with brush overgrowing, crawling with mosquitoes, and not a lot of sights to see. Wasn't a fan.

Very well marked, not crowded, nice view of the water. Highly recommended!

WAYYY too many bugs. Only got a mile down before we couldn’t take it any longer and left. Will try again in the fall time.

Great hike if you take the blue trail all the way through. Old cabin was very interesting and unexpected about 2 miles in. Definitely gonna go back and explore other trails.

Bugs GALORE! Bring a STOUT bug spray or prepare to get ate up. Mosquitoes, Horse Flys, Biting Flies, you name it, it will feast on you. Will never come back unless I just bathed in a bath of DEET

Quiet, safe, good for power walking,

Monday, April 30, 2018

Was ok. LOTS of highway noise during first third of hike, which I found distracting and disappointing. Trails are well-marked but as others have mentioned there are many downed trees. Lots of trail by water, which kids loved.

Sunday, April 29, 2018

Fun. Nice variety to run, well marked. Not crowded on spring Sunday afternoon. Easy park and go

Sunday, April 29, 2018

Nice trail. Well marked. Not an easy walk through the woods. Lots of roots and the occasional downed tree. Not a lot of traffic.

Saturday, April 28, 2018

Overgrown with many trees blocking to trail, although it’s early in the season. But still very fun !

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Peaceful. Easy to follow trail. Only encountered two people with two dogs, some deer and a few geese. The water is pretty on a nice day.

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Love this park. Very quiet and doesnt have a lot of dogs.

Sunday, September 24, 2017

Lovely trail, too overgrown in a lot of parts.

Sunday, September 03, 2017

Nice Single track with rocks, roots and tree obstacles to jump over.

Saturday, September 02, 2017

we like this trail it's close to home and it has some things to climb over . it's a fun hike and it's pretty.

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

The trail itself is well marked but is very overgrown. Be sure to wear long pants and long sleeve shirt as there was a lot of poison ivy/oak on the ground. Bugs are horrendous in the summer. My family and I liked the actual trail and the length is great for an afternoon outing. I would like to try it again in the fall when the bugs are not so overwhelming. Bonus...there is a really interesting abandoned log house structure on the blue trail. Despite my internet searches, I couldn't find much about it but am sure there is a story to be told.

Sunday, July 16, 2017

STAY AWAY. This is a flea and tick infested place. My dog and I went on a hike for an hour and a half. By the time we got back to the car, my shirt had about 3 ticks. As soon as I got home, I could feel my body tingling. I ripped my clothes off and was covered with about 6 more ticks. The best part, I took my dog a bath and found a total of 31 ticks. I'm currently combing through her hair to find more.