Pyramid Mountain Loop Trail

Pyramid Mountain Loop Trail is a 4.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Boonton, New Jersey that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Take I287 south to exit 45 for route 202 to main st. Make a right on Boonton Ave to the visitor cent 0.7 miles north of Taylortown road.

A bit crowded at times. Pleasent enough. I liked the rock scrambles. There really were no views even in the winter. It was a nice work out.

Lots of slipping in med, but even more stopping to search for blazes. Only Lucy's lookout had a sign, but we didn't notice a lookout. The view of Manhattan is under haze even on a clear day (think looking for LA from afar). Twice on this "mountain" and the adjacent one we found blazes for other trails that didn't match up with the map. It gets confusing. Bring poles if it's rained or snowed!

Nice mountain. 4.6 mile loop

The type of trail that offers a little bit of everything when you need to get out!

From the parking area, I took the yellow to orange along the reservoir. Then turned back on the white, and looped around on the red stripe to blue. From bear rock I took the white back towards the parking area.

Yellow/orange was incredibly well marked almost to the point where it was a bit obnoxious. Everything after that, you had to pay some attention. Yellow/orange was a really nice stroll along the water then up some rocks to cliffs overlooking the water. Red stripe seemed a little less traveled - was a fun little stretch. Blue was steep at times- and very rocky.

Maybe not the most exciting hike or the most rewarding views, but at the end of the day was a very enjoyable hike with varied terrain.

Great area with lots of space and options. Even on busier days you won't have to worry about crowding (on the trails), however, parking can get a little tight but there is plenty of additional side of the road spaces available. Also- make sure to check out the visitor center, especially if you have kids!

hike

The trail and the sites and pictures obtained were absolutely breathtaking, but the way this trail is marked is unbelievably confusing. We went on the blue trail and ended up getting lost. We actually had to walk on the main roads for 3.9 miles just so we could get back to our car. Not sure if we would come back to this trail.

Very nice trail, especially in autumn.

Fantastic hike. Great views with some tough terrain in spots.

Fairly easy loop just shy of 5 miles. I started at the parking lot on the Blue trail then White. There were some very rocky sections. I took Red up a steep incline that led back to White then Blue again back to parking. If I were to return I would go the opposite way and take the Red trail downhill.

This is a heavily visited area especially around Tripod Rock. I saw no less than 30 people on a Thursday afternoon and an equal amount of cars in the lot. Several large boulders and other geographic features make this worthwhile. The "scenic overlooks" were disappointing.

Overall well maintained, well marked, and clean trails. I saw lots of families and several dogs on leash. Will return to explore other trails.

Great views.

This mountain is my go to hike. It's familiar, has enough small challenges and the sites and mystique are always a draw. From the view of New York on a clear day to the Tripod rock sitting in the old "temple" down to the breath taking size of the bear rock the place is cool. You can also follow the orange trail around to the lake. If you want to make a day of it cross the road to Turkey mountain. If you live in the area and haven't been here you are missing an incredible and beautiful spot.

Started on the blue trail and came back via white trail. Blue trail is for beginners and gets a bit indepth while you head to white trail.

Beautiful hike in late May with kids. It was a little crowded for our taste but it was Memorial Day. The trail is well kept and people were very friendly. Go see the visitors center, they were very helpful in planning out our hike.

Great trail! It was my very first trail. Where my love for hiking flourished. Went back here again years later and my feelings are still the same.

I have been on this mountain a few times. However, this is the first time I used AllTrails app and follow its recommended trial path. It is very interesting! It is a blended trail which I would have never done it without this app. Every time when I deviated it, I can see it on the app and correct it right away. In the end, i finished this 5 miles rugged mountain trail for the first time!

Went in the fall---good workout. Dog friendly

Great hiking for families. Great trails with rock climbing for kids. Also good bird watching.