Pyramid Mountain Loop Trail is a 4.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Boonton, New Jersey that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Take I287 south to exit 45 for route 202 to main st. Make a right on Boonton Ave to the visitor cent 0.7 miles north of Taylortown road.

One of the best blazed trails. The trail guide was a delight! He could tell you every detail. It was a bit muddy in some spots. Some really good views if you take the directions from the guide.

Always a joy!

Nice trail to kill a few hours at. Tripod Rock is always a cool little spot and there are a few views but they’re not particularly impressive. Some nice uphill hiking and the trail on the side of the reservoir are super refreshing.

I love reading people's reviews on what they see in the woods. It is the woods so you may see bear, snakes, deer, raccoons etc. You may even get bitten by bugs as well. Expect it, be prepared or just stay home. Anyway i was hesitant to do this hike because of the lame views but decided anyway because its not far from home. The views are very lame in fact. Lucy's overlook has too many trees in the front of it and the high tension wires at other vistas take away from the charm. At 4 or more miles much better vistas can be found at a shorter distance near by at other trails. Just my opinion of Pyramid Mountain is don't understand all the hype.

Great family hike!! 5 miles
Well marked, Wear boots, Very muddy! After a little rain.
Red stripe trail is a 100ft walk down a rocky trail. Walking sticks will come handy.

This Park is so nice,You can expend hours of pure Nature Contact. Big Trees,creeks,nice trails,well marked. overall You will enjoy your visit.

Overall good hike but it does cross through a swap which gets muddy after a rainy day.

Well marked. Easy and moderate trails. Alongside the lake. Not too isolated or crowded.

Very organized and clear view. I enjoyed this trail with my girlfriend and my hike buddies. Watch out for the descending rocks and deep mud. Very fun hike

The trail has clear marks and some interesting boulders. The level is relatively easy.

Too many people in the beginning. Awesome chicken of the woods mushrooms. Brightest and biggest we have ever seen.

I loved this trail. not crowded and off leash dogs aren't a problem.

nice trail, moderate. bring bug spray.

nice mix of easy and moderately difficult. will go again for sure

The pyramid mountain trail system is really beautiful. The trails are well marked and neatly groomed, and there are varying levels of terrain for hikers of different ability. It's perfect for hiking and snowshoeing. That being said, please be aware that there are copperhead snakes present in the area. Obviously this is not the park's fault or responsibility, hikers are guests in the wildlife's home. We were so focused on keeping an eye out for foxes, bears, and deer that snakes didn't even come to mind and our puppy got bitten by one. We got him to the animal shelter for an anti-venom treatment ASAP, and he's going to be okay. I just wanted to make people aware of something I stupidly didn't think twice about.

Full Moon Hike with REI on the yellow/white/blue trail to Tripod Rock in downpour rain. As a beginner hiker there were moments of intensity but overall excellent terrain and vista. Would love to do it again if only to see the moon without an overcast sky and rain. :)

went to this place to trail run. the terrain is a bit tough for trail running, I couldn't get any momentum built up because of all the rocks, tree roots, and rock scrambling. definitely not for trail running if you want to run fast, but definitely a decent hike if you're in the area. wouldn't go out of my way for it though, the views are lame and there wasn't that much to see. the balancing rock was pretty cool to see

Well marked. Very nice trail.

Very nice trails. Wide and well marked. We hiked a variation of the loop; after passing Tripod Rock, instead of going around toward Whale Rock we went down along the reservoir on the orange trail. This loop was four miles. We hiked on Memorial Day Weekend and there were plenty of maps at the trail head. There were a lot of people on the trails but it did not feel crowded. The map is also downloadable. We will definately go again and do different loops.

It was pretty good

Very enjoyable!

I was pleasantly surprised with this trail ! It’s very large with all different levels of hiking trails . You’ll find rare birds , streams , huge rocks ! I mean huge ! It’s a very lovely place to visit ! As you walk down the trails every so often you’ll find rocks people stack as they go by and it’s overall very peaceful .

Really nice hike

The view at the top of this is OK. Got a little lost coming down. Pay attention to the trail blazers, easy to get off course.

Great workout, varied terrain

Watch our for the blue trail, I ended up on a road and decided to walk back because I was confused. Otherwise great glute workout on the way up!

A bit crowded at times. Pleasent enough. I liked the rock scrambles. There really were no views even in the winter. It was a nice work out.

Lots of slipping in med, but even more stopping to search for blazes. Only Lucy's lookout had a sign, but we didn't notice a lookout. The view of Manhattan is under haze even on a clear day (think looking for LA from afar). Twice on this "mountain" and the adjacent one we found blazes for other trails that didn't match up with the map. It gets confusing. Bring poles if it's rained or snowed!

Nice mountain. 4.6 mile loop

The type of trail that offers a little bit of everything when you need to get out!