Parvin State Park Campground

Parvin State Park Campground is a 5.4 mile loop trail located near Pittsgrove Twp, New Jersey that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and camping and is accessible year-round.

Parvin State Park has 3 main trails this one is... Forest Loop (blue) 4.1 miles; all paved. Found in Pittsgrove Twp, New Jersey. The trails are primarily used for camping, hiking & walking and is accessible year-round.

Best everyday park for walking, running, and biking I know! It's dog and kid friendly, and clean.
Lovely array of trails to keep you going the distance with a good mix of pavement and dirt.
Excellent training grounds.

nice trail.

I really enjoyed it here! Clean, serene with lots of boardwalks and bridges and a few ruins. My track failed to upload but if you want to do the full track of 5.4 mi. then stick to the map, if you follow the Trail Markers it's easy to get yourself on the shorter 3.4 mi. track. I went on 4/10/17 and it was a good 80° day :-) so I figured it would be mobbed but I only encountered 8 others along the trail one of which was either an employee or volunteer trimming the trail. There are campsites so it likely gets busy during peak season. There are restrooms by the lake and I'm guessing a concession stand which wasn't open yet. A portion of the trail (if following the map) was closed due to storm damage. You may opt to heed the warning and can quickly get yourself onto a paved thru-way. As of this date it is not entirely impassable but since it rained heavily recently you'll be hard pressed to get through it without coming out with wet and muddy shoes and be prepared to balance yourself across or even throw down some downed branches to get through the water. Quite a few downed trees (ripped out at the root) and a few still in limbo so heads up! The trail is relatively wide (about 6' across) at most points but narrows significantly when you continue on the outer section of the loop. Very flat and smooth, if that's what you're into with only a small section with protruding roots so you never really have to watch your step, with the exception of the closed section which can keep you guessing what's around the bend and while I'm not completely certain--you're probably not "allowed" on that section anyway. It offers camping, a beach, a boat ramp and numerous trails that are clearly marked about 10' up on the trees and on posts at all crossings etc. Well maintained and good for all fitness levels.

There's a nice selection of trails.

Clean well marked trail. Enjoyed with wife

Very scenic local trail. Took my 2 dogs with me on the green trail very nice 3 mile track.

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Took the pup with me today. Trails are well maintained and the park itself is clean. Will definitely be back!

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Good local trail around a scenic lake

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Monday, April 04, 2016

I've done this trail several times and every time has been really great. In winter, it has always been relatively un-crowded, but make sure you go when it is rather dry because the trail can get marshy.

Friday, April 01, 2016

Wednesday, March 09, 2016

It was nice. If anyone likes to have a long walk ;)

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Nice day to take the pup out for a little walk. Even though the red trail was posted closed due to storm damage, we took it anyway. Very muddy, and bridges were out in the swamp. I thought it made the easy lazy walk threw the woods into something of a challenge. We were already a mile or so into the trails before I started the tracking. We covered a little over 5 miles before getting back to the lot, but I guess that's what happens when you let the dog pick the route. Great trip anyway.