Orange (CCC) Loop

Orange (CCC) Loop is a 4.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Bass River, New Jersey that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips.

Distance: 4.6 miles Elevation Gain: 62 feet Route Type: Loop

historic site

My wife and I hiked the tail a week ago. Like Athena stated, there were tons of bugs, but they were not chiggers, they were ticks in the larva stage. Our dog was covered with hundreds of them. My wife and I had 50+ between the two of us. Please avoid this trail for a while. We really enjoyed the trail, but the ticks killed it for us.

We were excited reading all the reviews. We walked for about 30 minutes and then noticed all kinds of little bugs on the kids and our puppy. They ended up being Chiggers. We weren’t told about it being the time of year for these bugs. I’ve never heard of these bugs and when I say they were all over I mean it. It took 2 days for them to fully die off. I wish someone would have said something before hand. Be careful this time of year!

We enjoyed taking our dogs on this trail. The terrain was gentle and there was no significant elevation change. There was quite a bit of shade and a wonderful breeze. This is a nice walking trail and would also be good for a trail run. We will visit again!

Thursday, October 04, 2018