Musconetcong Gorge

Musconetcong Gorge is a 2.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Holland, New Jersey that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until September.

Not a very long trail, but when the waterfall freezes up it is definitely a beautiful sight to see. I recommend it.

I would rate this trail as a easy moderate as there is a decent amount of elevation change but it is not very long and fairly well marked. We hiked it on a sunday which is best during hunting season. The leaves were down so the view of the valleys are fairly nice in afternoon light. We did the 2.8 miles in 3 hours stopping often, photos, and off trail discovery. It could be done in much shorter if your on a misson. Like all hiking do your research, pull from many maps, take picture of sign before you start, always be prepared. There is a finger trail that splits off the loop that we did not do as we did trail late in day, with short winter sun. Will come back again in fall when leaves are changing it was beautiful. There is a dam off on left about halfway on loop before you switchback up to the ridgeline trail. This trail has a series of small falls that can be spectacular at times. Great hike in N.J

Nice loop. Good w the kids. Some decent rock scrambles if you want to explore a bit

Pretty spot

Nice to have this 3 minutes from my house..
Has anyone noticed the new markers going across 519 right before Dennis Road... map needs to be updated.

My dog (Sigmund Freud) and I started off easy enough following the blue and yellow markers. However, halfway through - we realized we were OFF trail even though the markers were STILL telling us we were ON trail. Super frustrating and nerve wracking. Hiking boots highly recommended.

We took a 3 hour hike for us and our two little dogs. Small parking lot. Never saw anyone on our path. It is challenging with the many stones and rocks and leaves that fell from an overnight rain. Our hiking poles were life savers.

Beautiful. I would say this trail is a little harder than moderate. And only saw people once.

My favorite local trail. Beautiful, mature forest. Several trail options that allow for vigorous or more relaxed hiking. some challenging uphill, 3 gorgeous creek crossings and a serene return trail on an old rail bed beside the Musconetcong. You can get a peek at the old mill dam in you are adventurous.

Good trail. Started out with road noise and I had my doubts but then once we got down in the gorge it was great. said moderately traffic but went on a Saturday around 3 and only saw one other person the whole time. Definitely worth a visit. Nice waterfalls and rock formations.

Sunday, July 10, 2016