Mount Tammany and Sunfish Pond Loop is a 11.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Hardwick, New Jersey that features a lake. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options.

This is a beautiful trail with many good views, but I highly recommend going up Mt Tammany and going down on the blue dot when the water levels are higher. We went a few days after rain thinking that it would be fine by then. The walk down fire road is flat and dry, but as soon as we turned towards the pond, the trail narrowed and was covered with overgrown briar patches. Parts of the path were flooded and we had to walk through water. The worst part of it was during the last 3-4 miles. We had to cross a fairly wide, fast moving stream that was 1-2 ft deep around 5 times. It was doable, but pretty miserable and there wasn't any warning about the streams or flooding before we were 6-7 miles into the trail.

I wanted to add this here because if we had known, we may have avoided the trail during this time.

Wild nature and bears. Amazing experience

Loved this trail but somehow ended up being 11 miles according to my phone.

Loved the Appalachian trail, beautiful nature alongside the river!

Fun scramble on the red dot up Mt. Tammany, beautiful trek along the stream on the Dunnfield trail to Sunfish pond. The Dunnfield section feels like forever at points, then you start heading back up the hill to Sunfish pond. The trek back on the AT was really nice! This is a gorgeous hike! Definitely bring some water! There is a lot of water on the Dunnfield trail and some nice stream crossings! I’d recommend for anyone who wants a moderate but not total butt kicker of a hike!

awesome views, very steep climb but a great work out. going back on blue was much easier.

Nice hike, great views going up the red dot trail. If you only do the red dot to blue dot it is a pretty short hike, I elected to do the sunfish pond as well. This part was quite easy but long.

Tough vertical climb but well worth the view

amazing view