Monument Trail Loop

Monument Trail Loop is a 3.5 mile loop trail located near Montague, New Jersey that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Monument Trail Loop is a 3.5 mile loop trail located in Sussex, New Jersey. The trail is rated as moderate with some uphill hiking. Well marked the Read/Green trail, takes between 2-3 hours.

Nice little hike around the top of the mountain. All the really good views can be seen from the monument which is awesome

It was a really well marked trail! A bit confusing once you hit the monument though. I would definitely recommend.

I thought the trail was great but being an out of stater, I had to pay $20. That leaves a bad taste in my mouth so I'm only giving this place 3 stars.

Great trail! Hiked the trail so that we would come to the monument towards the end of the hike. We had the trail completely to ourselves. Didn't see anyone until we came to the parking lot by the monument, and there were only about 10 other people there. Once we were back on the trail it was empty. Great views throughout the hike. Well marked trail. There are restrooms when you get to the monument parking lot. Planning on doing this one again in the fall when the leaves are changing.

Quick hike for you soul

Fun but moderately trafficked trail that leads to the monument. Some parts of trail are rocky and steep, but take your time and it's a breeze.

Gets a little rocking so make sure you wear good hiking books

Did this trail in the tail end of a snowstorm that dumped 6-8 inches, made it challenging. There were high winds at the monument, great views all around when the snow finally stopped, and not a soul in sight. March 2017, park roads weren't cleared at 10 a.m. because it was still snowing, so I couldn't drive any further than Lake Marcia and hiked up from there. Great little hike with some stairs-like sections.

Good start from the back end no at mount it's better l think have a great hike

Visited this area in August. Found nice views from Monument and very vivid nature around it.

Monday, November 21, 2016

Fun hike with a group of Boy Scouts. Parking is close to the monument. Can be steep in spots but fairly easy overall.

Sunday, November 06, 2016

I had a good hike. It was a bit challenging but it was a fun trail. I did monument trail but there are many more trails to explore.

Friday, October 21, 2016

It was great. Definitely need a hiking shoe on to do it. The jagged rocks were killing my feet thru my sneakers & the leaves covering the rocks this time of year left me unable to tell what i was stepping down on. Great weather and a great trail w/ beautiful views.

Monday, September 12, 2016

nice hike with plenty of trees and some views

Monday, September 05, 2016

Hiked with the kids! Climbed to the top of the monument - great workout wonderful views

Friday, August 12, 2016

Very good!

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Easy not very exciting hike but great views from the monument!

Sunday, June 05, 2016

Sunday, March 27, 2016

It was a great way to discover nature, trees, rocks and more and more, definitely do some rock balancing!

Saturday, January 09, 2016

Great trail, last 1/4 mile is all up hill but do able. Took my wife and 9 year old. It was their first hike and they both enjoyed it.