Monument Trail Loop

Monument Trail Loop is a 3.5 mile loop trail located near Montague, New Jersey that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Monument Trail Loop is a 3.5 mile loop trail located in Sussex, New Jersey. The trail is rated as moderate with some uphill hiking. Well marked the Read/Green trail, takes between 2-3 hours.

I thought the trail was great but being an out of stater, I had to pay $20. That leaves a bad taste in my mouth so I'm only giving this place 3 stars.

Great trail! Hiked the trail so that we would come to the monument towards the end of the hike. We had the trail completely to ourselves. Didn't see anyone until we came to the parking lot by the monument, and there were only about 10 other people there. Once we were back on the trail it was empty. Great views throughout the hike. Well marked trail. There are restrooms when you get to the monument parking lot. Planning on doing this one again in the fall when the leaves are changing.

Quick hike for you soul

Fun but moderately trafficked trail that leads to the monument. Some parts of trail are rocky and steep, but take your time and it's a breeze.

Gets a little rocking so make sure you wear good hiking books