Monroes Swamp Road Loop

Monroes Swamp Road Loop is a 4.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Absecon, New Jersey that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

scenic driving

beach

Wholy bugs! Tried to take the songbird trail and had to bail at about 3 miles. I had swords of bugs all over me from the first step out of my car all the way. It was so miserable. I couldn't stop to take pictures because every time I would get bit. I wish I could say it was nice but didn't really see anything because of the swords of bugs around me I couldn't get them off. Horrible wish I could have enjoyed the wildlife.

Awesome... bring plenty of bug protection...great trail but if I wasn't prepared it might of been my last hike... lol

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Great place to see some wildlife! Ticks are an issue, but overall a great walk.

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Great!

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Friday, November 06, 2015

Saturday, June 21, 2014

I went in June and it was awful. I was swarmed by some type of biting fly and had to turn back after half of a mile.

Saturday, June 07, 2014

Thursday, May 22, 2014

best place to bird without making an a big trip to Cape May!

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

White sandy gravel. Easy to navigate. View of atlantic city casinos for a little while. First 6 miles are wide open and flat, last 2 are wooded and slightly hilly. 2$ bike entry fee, $4 car fee. High wind resistance for 5-6 miles due to closeness to ocean.