Mercer County Park (East and West) Trails

Mercer County Park (East and West) Trails is a 7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near West Windsor Twp, New Jersey that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

bridge out

One of my favorite places to visit. It's perfect for a day trip to hike and explore with leisure. I recommend going onto the unpaved paths, there is less traffic.

Wasn't that good and it was very confusing. I thought hiking was supposed to be nice and relaxing.
I did not like it at all.

Easy relaxing but crowded with picknickers in summer

Love it for dog walks

Fun place to ride

My wife and I did hiking today. We first went on the red trail and then connected to blue trail. The red trail was well maintained, but the blue trail was muddy and requires some TLC. The muddy thing may be the result of rain the day before. It appears that the blue trail is mainly for biking, less popular for hiking and very poorly marked. Overall, the park itself is good and has many facilities for group activities. We may come back again to do the entire red trail.

Monday, April 03, 2017

Went out today-great weather, but NOOOO trail blazes. (I was on the not-paved trails) It's really a shame. Great location, but very poorly maintained. AllTrails maps claim that certain trails exist, but there were none to be found near the back end of the loop. We ended up going through someone's backyard to get into the neighborhood to make the final mile back to our cars.

Saturday, October 08, 2016

love it

Friday, September 23, 2016

This is a very nice paved trail. If you're looking for a real hike, this is not the place, but it's a lovely place to take a long walk with dogs or strollers. There's plenty of lake views and good amount of wildlife to take in. A fun place to take the whole family!

Friday, September 23, 2016

It has been awhile but this park has a lot of different activities. I have taken some nice photos of red tail hawk. Sorry no pix on this phone.

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Good place to start. A lot of paved walkways with some that veer a little further into the woods. Ended up walking alongside the lake. Good for beginners.

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

This is a great place to run for beginners or those looking for something easy, small portions of it are paved but once you get past that, it's all narrow trails with tight turns and small rolling hills

Saturday, July 23, 2016

This is not a difficult trail run at all. Paved paths, but some nice elevation changes (for flat NJ). Good place to run.

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Great

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

it's a nice walk. definitely not hard by any means. it's just a paved path

Monday, June 13, 2016

Not hard at all by any means..

Wednesday, June 08, 2016

Definitely NOT a difficult trail. Pretty though. Lots of different routes and picnic areas!

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

This is not a difficult trail by ANY means; it's not even a moderate one. this is a very flat, easy, mostly-paved path that is well maintained. There are cyclists, walkers, runners, and children on the trail. I ran this easily and kept a steady pace, along the river and through some wooded areas. Extremely easy.

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

I love this trail it's an easy trail and a great place to walk

Thursday, December 24, 2015

I'm not sure why this trail is rated as difficult, as its pretty flat and unremarkable for hiking. There is a paved pathway around most of the lake and a lot of very small trail segments in a wooded area - with no blazes or trail markings at all. Its a great community park, but for hiking its nothing I'd go out of my way to hike again. I'm not even sure why its in All Trails - its a great county park but not really a hiking destination.

Tuesday, July 07, 2015

The exceptionally well-maintained "Mercer Meadows" complex is a real boon in central New Jersey, othewise not famous for its extended stretches of open space. The area has been expanded, with several ways into it other than the original Mercer County Park entrance near the lake.

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Great ride on paved roads. Nice family fun-place.

Sunday, May 10, 2015

1st time here! Love it. Scared of getting lost riding solo. Lol. Tons of challenging trails for all levels.

Sunday, October 06, 2013

Always well maintained by local JORBA chapter and more. 15 miles that is fun for all skill levels.

Sunday, September 22, 2013

I walked on the south side of the lake today from the east side to the west, right by the water, back on the trails. It was really beautiful, well maintained. I do wish it had been a bit more challenging but it was still good when off of the paved paths. Trying the north side tomorrow - I suspect that side will be more challenging. The south side is where most of the family type activities are - there are several playgrounds in the center, where the boat slips and gazebo are. Great family experience (was with my boyfriend and his 9 year old for the first 2 miles, then alone for 5.5 deeper into where the wildlife preserve was). If you bike, this is probably a great place for you, also. As with others, I don't agree with 'Hard' - but that opinion may change tomorrow!

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Always great for a quick 10 mile ride. Great trails for all levels and ability. The trails are well maintained and other riders are courteous. Weekends tend to be busy, I suggest early morning or late afternoon. Glad to have these trails 10 minutes from my home.

Saturday, July 14, 2012

First time out with my wife and new mountain bikes. Did a total of 8 miles on mixed trails throughout the area left and right of the marina. Lots of paved paths which then turn into easy wood trails that were easy for us beginners. On the far left of the marina trails it tightens up and gets a bit more challenging than we were equipped for. Nice lake views. We will be back but really wished for more of the wooded trails and true loops to make it easier than referring to the maps at every turn.

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Beautiful trail park for mountain biking! Especially if you go along the lake, there are some extreme trails in the woods. Make sure to carry an air pump with you and some quick tire fix, I did poke my tire and had to walk for 3 miles to get to the car!

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Love this park! :)

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

This trail goes from a paved path, to a beaten path in the woods, to just woods where you follow the creek line. I came across a herd of deer lounging about in the woods- my favorite thing about nature walks is coming across deer. Mercer County park is a great place to see them. In the winter the lake freezes over. It is a beautiful park.