Manasquan Reservoir

Manasquan Reservoir is a 5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Howell, New Jersey that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

paddle sports

It’s an easy trail but a good 5 miles walk. Many chances to stop and take few good pictures. Benches on the trail helps to spend some time inside the quiet forest area. Will be back again.

Nice path, no climb or incline. Great to bring the dogs, lots of wildlife and scenery.

I loved it here ! Took my dog and it’s a nice log flat trail. Not difficult and no trees or thorns in the way. Nice big path to share the space with others. It was flooded in one part no avoiding my sneakers getting soaked but it had just rained. Will be here often.

This is my go to trail when the weather is nice, even on a super hot day there’s a nice breeze by the water. It’s so peaceful. You will see a lot of dogs, people fishing, and birds. It is fairly flat so if you’re looking for a climb this isn’t for you.

A pleasant walk on a flat course.

Nice path. Not if you are looking for a climb.

My favorite place for running my weekly 5 miles. A bit boring but great for kids. Various portable toilets along the trail.

Trail ideal for walking the dog, a long stroll, running, biking, and enjoying nature. If you have kids I recommend stopping off the the visitors center for some fun wildlife activities.

Must say what a great walk. The path is great with trash every mile and port a potty’s for the call of the wild. I highly recommend this walk it’s brilliant.

this trail is NOT moderate, very, very easy..... a bit too boring for my tastes. very flat, almost paved. careful when it snows/rains, parts of the path get quite flooded.

Really nice run and a very easy to follow trail. I went on a warm day in January so it was pretty muddy.

This is a very nice 5.1 mile brisk walk around the reservoir and thru the woods on a very wide trail. Lots of mountain bikers are there so walk to the right so they can pass

Saturday, August 19, 2017

Heaven...

Sunday, August 06, 2017

Good ride, a bit crowded with riders, runners and walkers

Monday, July 24, 2017

Nice loop around the reservoir. There is lots to do aside from walking the loop (biking, fishing, boating, kayaking, playgrounds, etc.). I was a little disappointed with the trail because you can rarely ever see the actual reservoir while walking (only at certain points) but it does give you the opportunity to observe and listen to what wildlife is living in the trees around you.

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

I'm currently kayaking and there is just one round lake lol Not much to explore and kind of boring. on the upside the reservoir is huge!

Monday, May 29, 2017

Good multi-use area. We hiked the 5 mile loop around the reservoir, nice views of the reservoir in many areas. It has wide trails great for hiking and biking, a few areas are a bit muddy but it's covered in stone, so not bad, You can also rent kayaks and rowboats. We did rent kayaks and did a leisurely paddle around the reservoir, they have the sit-on kayaks rather than the sit-in kayaks we prefer. Overall it was a nice day.
You can also fish here, as many people were doing. They also have bird blinds for those who like to bird watch in the nature preserve areas. We saw many turtles, a fox and a few dear in the more back areas.
Well worth the trip.

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

I love hiking this trail with my camera. So many interesting things to observe if you take the chance and look around. Today I was lucky enough to have a white tail deer cross my path. It is an easy and fun hike.

Friday, May 19, 2017

Great for a nice, active stroll! Very family friendly

Sunday, April 30, 2017

So far, this is my favorite trail. The views and trails are both amazing. It's not paved but the ground is hard enough, and trails are wide enough for the kids to ride their bikes. We've so far seen 2 small snakes and about 4 deer.

Sunday, April 16, 2017

We did tje 5.1 miles in about 50 minutes. Slight congestion at some parts.

Sunday, April 02, 2017

My wife and I walked this trail today. Beautiful and a good healthy walk. Enjoy this trail for all, families, friends and just a good hike for anyone.

Thursday, January 12, 2017

Good 5 mile hike can get muddy but most of the trail is well maintained and about 4 bathrooms around the trail

Friday, December 02, 2016

biking

Sunday, November 27, 2016

This is an easy, flat, well maintained path along the perimeter of the reservoir. Well suited for walking, running, bicycles, kids, and dogs. Very nice views of the reservoir and the surrounding wooded areas. There is an abundance of wildlife.

Thursday, November 03, 2016

I really enjoyed this trail. We parked and walked the complete trail around it was about 5 miles. Got beautiful pictures

Friday, September 16, 2016

Deer, turkeys, other wildlife while you run. Great spot.

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Beautiful scenery and very well maintained

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

This trail is truly beautiful! It is pretty well-trafficked, but the path is quite wide giving plenty of space for all. Meanwhile, you are surrounded by lush green foliage and plenty of wildlife - prepare to see deer! - and you also get to catch a stunning view of the reservoir, especially at sunset. Great place to walk, run, ride a bike, or just catch a bench and read a book.

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

The 5 mile loop around the reservoir is great for a run or bike ride. I wouldn't consider it a true hiking trail. It can get pretty crowded on the weekends.