Lake Surprise Loop- White and Purple Trail

Lake Surprise Loop- White and Purple Trail is a 1.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Summit, New Jersey that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

paddle sports

Easy walk!

Excellent trails! Love that gives you many different choices to make your walking long or short. I only gave it 4 stars because there should be more signs on where you are and how to get to different "Parking" points. We used goggle to be able to get back to our car ...

great hike, lovely nature

The white trail will take you through the woods.

The pink trail will take you around lake surprise. The lake is muddy but very beautiful to look at with little sitting spots all along the trail.

There were many wildflowers along both paths.

I saw a stag on the whole trail.

I saw turtles and chipmunks on the pink trail and a cool spider web.

Fun easy trail with a view of the lake. It's a muddy lake but still beautiful.

The lake itself isn't particularly pretty. Water is brown. Not much wildlife around -- as far as we could see. The trail isn't very well marked either. Having said that, it was a nice enough afternoon walk in the woods.

I've been hiking this trail ever since I was about seven years old. Pretty simple hike and always enjoyable with a scenic view of Lake Surprise! Would definitely recommend!

An easy trail around a lake with little elevation change. It gets longer than 2 miles if you follow the pink (red?) trail as it will lead you up away from the lake. We got a bit lost

Peaceful trail around a lake, with plenty of branching trails to wander through the hills. The lake and woods need a good clean-up effort, but it's an enjoyable experience nonetheless.

nice walk through the woods , cool view

My local go-to trail. Lots of people and dogs on weekends. Can be very muddy in warm winters and spring.

Monday, November 07, 2016

Beautiful and easy.

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

This is a really nice area for a hike. Lake Surprise is at the bottom of a little valley so the hike around it is fairly flat. We added a little detour in the middle. The path can be narrow at times and you will want either a map or an app to navigate. But it is worth a visit.

Thursday, June 16, 2016

It was amazing experience for my family and I it was our first time and we love it

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Quite nice, walked with a 2.5 yr old and rugged stroller. Parts are a bit bumpy for the stroller but even 2.5 yr old can walk it. The east side of the lake is flat and wide.

Thursday, May 30, 2013