Lake Marguerite-Griffith Woods Loop Trail

Lake Marguerite-Griffith Woods Loop Trail is a 2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Oxford, New Jersey that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Hiked (much?) of the park a few days ago. I question much because there seemed to be a fair number of secondary trails not shown on All trails map. No printed trail maps were available at the park and probably would have been useful if the smaller trails are shown. Great park that has a bit of everything. Marshy area (with wooden bridges). heavily wooded trails, stream views, hilly sections. For a smaller park you feel quite secluded. The trails start off wide and well maintained by the pond and quickly become tighter and rockier.

Seems like a lesser traveled set of trails - at some points a bit unsure of the trail due to fall leaves covering the forest floor, but lots of markers on trees once you get past the lake. There were no trail maps available, but I used the AllTrails map on my phone and was able to ensure I was heading in the right direction. Hiked with a 5 year old 2.5 miles, and we did enjoy the day. Great for kids.

great for kids

Tuesday, March 01, 2016

Really nice place. Was here in the end of summer(September ish) and the trails were not well kept and grown over. I had my dog with me and wasn't able to go far, only to lake and down the trail a bit.

Friday, April 24, 2015

I like to bring the kids here and pick blackberries and raspberries

Monday, June 13, 2016