Lake Carasaljo

Lake Carasaljo is a 0.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Lakewood, New Jersey that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for walking, trail running, nature trips, and canoeing and is best used from April until October.

canoeing

great trial clean and well maintained....

The Jewish community has trashed this place but not as bad as reviews seem. It's a great easy trail to walk or run. Groomed stone trails are great for running.
Shenandoah is in a completely different park. It is in Lakewood though.

I do admit that there is a lot of garbage around the trail. It might not be what it used to be but I will still always love walking around Lake Carasaljo. It's the only nice walk I have near my house and I've been living here my whole life.
I choose to give it five stars for the beautiful nature around it.

First time I've ever rated a trail with 1 star. To be clear, its not because of the lake itself. That part is a beautiful resource. Its for the locals that have completely trashed this park and its trails. I hiked Lake Carasaljo only, so I can't speak for Shenandoah. I uploaded pics of the beautiful things the lake has to offer. CAUTION... you have to walk through miles of garbage to find these spots. My recommendation, skip this one until grown ups move in and reclaim the park/trails. It is indeed sad.

Thursday, April 24, 2014

use to be beautiful but they ruined it. so sad