Karamac-Dunnfield Creek Loop Trail

Karamac-Dunnfield Creek Loop Trail is a 13.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Columbia, New Jersey that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Hiked the Dunnfield Creek this past Sunday. A chilly day but beautiful. Very nice trail that follows the creek. There are some really nice cascades and small waterfalls.

Holy lord what a hike!! A whole lot of everything from creeks, rocks, meadows, amazing views and a beautiful lake.
I will say for anyone who starts from the parking lot right off of the highway and goes up the creek first. On the other side of the pond, look out for the BLUE trail marker. We cleared walked right passed it and took 30minutes to find it!!! Lol but other then that, first trail with this app and it was spot on!! 5 stars!!

Parked at the Dunnefield Creek trailhead off 80 and took Dunnefield to Sunfish pond and the AT back, definitely recommend a swim in the deep part of the creek by the entrance under the waterfall. Great way to spend a day!

Thursday, June 16, 2016

I loved the sunfish pond loop. we hiked the dunnfield up and the Appalachian down.

Saturday, May 28, 2016

I did a variation of this loop with my son. We both loved it. It was a little tough for him since he's only 5, but I was able to put him in my carrier backpack to give him a rest from time to time.

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Monday, April 04, 2016

Great hike. And I actually saw a timber rattlesnake, which is endangered in the area. Kind of scary, but also a rare site!

Monday, April 04, 2016