Jenny Jump Ghost Loop

Jenny Jump Ghost Loop is a 5.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Blairstown, New Jersey that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

The trail is not easy to find off if Shades of Death. I ended up pulling into a smaller parking area where there is an outhouse. Walking down a road and then making a right walking over and Earth bridge to the trail. It's an out and back trail. Not very exciting. I do like that you can continue on to the Summit Trail, to rest and enjoy the view.

The area is beautiful, but when entering from the entrance off Shades of Death road the trail gets swallowed up in the forest. As soon as you get past the Fairy Cave the trail isn't maintained very well and it is easy to get confused as to where the trail continues.

Trail should be rated as moderate. Throughout most of the Hike you can hear Rte 80 roaring by, definitely takes away from the experience. The lake itself is gross and swampy looking, I didn't feel that it was worth the long decline to get there and then the climb back out. The woods are pretty and there were some neat rock formations. But the loud traffic sounds really took away from the whole experience. I would not do it again or recommend it to others, there are too many other great trails in the area.

Beautiful view, can't wait to return and do it again. Wishing it was a little longer.

Summit Trail rocks! Love the view!

Thursday, October 01, 2015

at the end of the day when all is said and done.. its all about the camping and outdoors. JJ did not really deliver. The trails were nothing to write home about... not well kept and not much to see. I few areas were nice. We took the Ghost Lake trail. Lake was a little disappointing. Facilities were good. I think our group should have choosen a little better camp site. But the office, staff, Maps (would have liked a Topo map) bathrooms and showers were more than adequate. Glad I said I did it .. but not sure I would repeat.

Monday, May 25, 2015

Overall, the park is in a nice area and campgrounds looked decent with bathrooms and showers. They looked private and big. My friend and I completed the hike to Ghost Lake after trying to find a spot at the Delaware Water Gap NRA for 2 hours (and that plan failed on a holiday weekend) we chose to head over to Jenny Jump instead. We were a bit drained so we chose to do the Ghost Lake trail instead and not the summit trail. Too be honest, it was a bit disappointing. We came across one nice vista on this trail, and it was pretty but when we got all the way to the lake it was just that...a lake. There wasn't much to see here. The trails were not well kept, and having been on a trail crew in the Adirondacks, I was no impressed. It was very overgrown on some parts, with trees you had to go under, with a big pack it was pretty difficult. These needed to be cut or a path needed to be made around them. There was a lot of downed trees on the trail and plenty of rocks to roll your ankles on. There were also plenty of mosquitos, though that isn't the parks fault, just a warning to hikers. Wearing pants was the smartest choice!

Friday, April 24, 2015

Not much to see. Trail was a bit overgrown.

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Pretty boring. There are two places with nice vistas, but the rest of the hike is in the woods and fairly easy. We hiked all the way to the ghost lake, then back up to the summit. Saw the place where Jenny supposedly jumped. There was no dramatic cliff and jumping from there would be like jumping from a first floor balcony, so I'm sure she lived.

The campground, on the other hand, looked secluded and nicely maintained. So I think this might be a better place for camping than hiking.

Thursday, January 02, 2014

A beautiful walk! We did this in the height of the Fall.

Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Love this trail I completed the hike to ghost lake :)

Sunday, July 17, 2011

This is a nice easy trail, with some very nice scenic overlooks. I also suggest making the hike over to Ghost Lake.

Sunday, January 15, 2017